Best way to scan for new channels?

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
what's the best way to scan for new channels on a Eurovox Max (2007), this would be to scan for any additional channels after the initial powerscan.

I've tried this before (can't remember which option I chose) but somehow I managed to double up all channels like it had added all channels again without overwriting the old ones. I then cleared data and lost my favourites so had to manually enter them again.

Last edited:
just one of those things....next time dont clear all data just power scan and add the new channles to favs

Thats the thing, I did a powerscan and it doubled all the channels up.
I only cleared data because I couldn't be bothered manually deleting 250 channels.

upload all your channels onto voxer you can sort,delete and arrange all your favourites in no time then save the cdf file and if you ever need to scan again just reload the file back to your box, saves alot of messing about.

The best way is to autoscan and if you dont pick up the channel then that probably means that its been moved to another transponder and very possibly a new 1 that isnt currently on your box. To get around it you can manually add the frequency of the new transponder if you know it and do a manual scan on that transponder for the new channel/channels. To find out the new frequency if you dont know it, take a written note of all the transponder frequencies that you have presently, then save your current CDF as mentioned above either using voxer or dnupman. Then you clear data and do a powerscan, once completed check your installation screen against your written note for a new transponder frequency. Take a note of any new frequencies then reload your own CDF, then manually add the new frequencies and manual scan them.

go to user installation & select each channal No. with pressing ok on pad.
when done that, do manual scan, any new channals will be at bottom
you wont loose fav's

richard

go to user installation & select each channal No. with pressing ok on pad.
when done that, do manual scan, any new channals will be at bottom
you wont loose fav's

richard

thats just a long method of doing an autoscan m8, as you wont lose your favourites doing that either.

Back