Best way to protect your car.

BlueMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an old car (94 Nissan Sunny) and someone tried to steal it the other night. Luckily a neighbour seen what was happening and knocked in and told me. When I went out the car door was open and there was not a scratch on the door. A friend of mine told me that with certain cars older than 96 for example will easily open with a key from a car of the same make\model if its the same year.......

This came as a bit of a surprise. Anyway the cars in great condition with only 60K on the clock. I am hoping to hold on to it for about an other year thats if its not nicked before hand.

It does have an imobilizer bit this is located right beside the ignigtion which is pointless.

Can anyone recommend a lock or an alarm. I would fit an alarm myself if its handy enough. Was thinking a lock and chain amybe?

Thnaks in advance.

a crooklock is as good as anything mate they will just walk on till they find the next easiest one to steal rather than hacksaw off the lock

rotwieler springs to mind or cooect it to the mains (just to carge the battery)

hi, it is really simple to brake into that car trust me i had 1 but mine ws an gtir turbo but locks etc all same , like the dumb guy that i am i left the alrm in the boot and never got to putting it on.. put an alrm on very quick.. toad alrm immoliser i would reccommend....: multi :

Disklok (locks over steering wheel) always gets high scores in auto magazine tests and is Thatcham approved.

or.....put those little stickers that u get for the car windows when u buy an alarm on the front side windows, in bottom left hand corner above door locks. If a car theif thinks it's alarm in any way he'll move onto the next one that isn't. or a little red flickering light somewhere on the dash board that is visible to car crooks. any good steering lock should also put them off.

No no your all wrong you need a monkey

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHAW8kb5vA[/YOUTUBE]

yes i have a Disklok and they are very good. great reviews and top scores all round. they cover your full steering wheel but dont stick to it so if someone got in the couldnt use it to steer or break steering lock. it just spins

best protection i ever read about was in a car mag a long time ago
this fella was for ever getting his car stolen
so he done this cut a piece of ply wood same size as the seat
and went out and bought a hell of a lot of darning needles and nailed every one through the wood
next he cut a piece of foam the same size as the wood and fixed it over the top of the wood
this he put on the seat and fitted a seat cover over the top
and layed in wait
some time after midnight he was just falling a sleep and heard this allmighty scream
looking out of the window he saw this fella running up the road holding his ass

he went out to look at the car and he had to replace the foam
was covered in blood
best of it he didnt need to use it again nobody tried to steal the car again lol
so try it lol

couple of red flashing led's ,couple o quid ,just makes em think

yes i have a Disklok and they are very good. great reviews and top scores all round. they cover your full steering wheel but dont stick to it so if someone got in the couldnt use it to steer or break steering lock. it just spins

This is the best advice!
Disklok is the most effective, and I know plenty about these locks, many of the cheaper ones simply aid the criminal!

The metro stoplock is a joke - you can melt the plastic on the lock case and pop them with a screwdriver after you have used stoplock for leverage on the internal steering lock!

The stoplock pro deadlocks and is slightly better, but still not that effective.

The halfords steeringwheel shield and the autolock 2000 (the same thing lol) are pretty good, I attacked one of these for a while by many methods and it resisted them all, but then I found a bad weakness - silly people hardened up some of the parts too much, made them brittle LOL so now I dont really rate them.

The Disklok is the best one, the weakest point seems to be the pivot, but i still couldnt get it off the wheel. Its what I use on my own car.

^^ by the way this was all done legally!

edcase

To be honest m8 if it's a decent thief and they want your car bad enough then they'll take it.

Don't rely on the stickers and fake flashing lights as they're fairly easy to spot. The steering wheel lock is the best crook lock on teh market.

the best bet is to invest in a decent alarm m8

B

a m8 of mine is a tight bloke too lol he has a metal poll and he cut to the right size and pushes the clutch pedal down and lodges the bar to the base of the seat and puts the mate over it , he reckons no one will drive it away because they will think the cables gone .. no ones nicked it yet

Back