Best router for ps3

jonny2by4

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need to buy a new router as my router does not connect with my ps3

I need advise in purchasing a new router

The problem is i want to connect all my consoles (wii,360,ps3,psp and not forgetting three computers and laptop) all wireless

Any help

any router that supports WPA PSK will do for the PS3, Wii and PSP.

I never connected the 360 wirelessly, always used a cable (seems to me to be better to do this for consoles, apart from Wii)

i got a router with WPA PSK and it does not connect to ps3 - 360 - psp and the wii

the ps3 connects when the the security is turned off but does not when the security is turned on

wpa and wep are two different things.

If you are using WPA Pre Shared Key, just take your key and enter it into the PS3.

The same goes for WEP (although why you would want to use it is beyond me), just take the key and enter it exactly into the PS3.

My Wii, PSP and Ipod all connect to my router at home via WPA PSK with no problems.

ive done this

I have used wpa pre shared key and it fails to connet- same goes for conecting using wep

And i need security on my network access

are you sure you are entering the key correctly? If all your consoles are failing to connect, maybe you simply made a mistake?

does anything else on your network connect?

If none of your consoles connect, it does look like the router may be knackered. There are no "best compatibility" for consoles as they use standards etc.

computers- laptop and network drive and server are all fine on the network only problem with consoles

so they all connect with the same security over a wireless connection?

But none of your consoles do?

Then the router works fine, try entering the code again - and make sure it is 100% correct.

Also, do you use mac address filtering?

nah i dont use mac address filter and yes the secuirty is turned on and i use wpa pre shared key - aek i think

what router do you have? If you are entering a key for security, then you are using WPA PSK.

Just check the security it is
Encryption - wpa pre shared key
WPA Unicast Cipher Suite - aes
Pre-shared Key Format - passphase

well, to me it looks like your making a mistake with the key. If all your other kit works and they use the same key it seems very odd that all your consoles dont work with it.

Back