Best router for ps3

if it works, then its a very strange router you have.

If it doesnt then you would appear to be unlucky in so far as all your consoles are faulty.

tried it this morning and same issue

The console are not faulty as they connect when there is no security turned on and they connect fine - hence y i was asking what router should i purchase today

It does sound like "operator error" to me, but I have a Netgear router and that connects fine via wifi but I have moved the router so I can connect with the router physically to reduce me pings:)

I had a thought about this this morning - is this a pre-n router you have at the moment? Or one of those turbo routers? If it is, then this is not standard and could be the reason why you are having problems.

Personally, I have all mine connected via cable (apart from the PS3 atm which refuses to connect by any method), its much smoother and more reliable thatn wifi.

Pre-N should not make any difference, as by default wifi will default to the slowest protocol on the network i.e. if you have a any .b units it will drag any .g units down too 11meg.
Unless you have one of the new dual band units:)

i have tried connecting it through the ethernet cable same issue i have security it does not connect but without it works

But the 360 connects fine through ethernet cable

Are you using DHCP or Static IP addressing.

Switch to static if you are using DHCP, as it maybe a DHCP issue.

Belkin Routers can be arses for nor assigning and releasing address's.

Pre-N should not make any difference, as by default wifi will default to the slowest protocol on the network i.e. if you have a any .b units it will drag any .g units down too 11meg.
Unless you have one of the new dual band units:)
not really no - a pre-N network will operate at its fastest speed for everything - it is the hosts adapter that will limit the connections. So if I have a pre-N network and connect a machine with an 802.11b adapter, the rest of the network will operate at pre-N speeds, but I will only get 11mbps.

However, you are right about Belkin routers being pigs for DHCP, there is a command you can use via telnet to release and renew all DHCP leases, but naturally thats not ideal.

Jonny - you mentioned that your consoles work when connected via cable, this method doesnt use any security, thats just for the wlan. Are you able to get a connection this way?

i think i was able to does so with 360 and ps3 did not try the wii

But i dont want loads off cables running through- have to drill loads off holes

the Wii doesnt have an ethernet connection unfortunately, there is an adapter available but its quite pricey.

I am lucky enough to have phone line behind my TV, so having the router and switch there makes things very simple to connect. However, if wlan is being a pain in the ass for you, take a look at powerline ethernet. Much faster and much more reliable.

hold up peeps

I have just connect my psp to my router using wpa pre shared key tkip whats the difference between

TKIP and AES

AES is a secure encryption method, TKIP is also an encryption method used with WPA.

However, AES isnt normally used in your setup at home - stick with TKIP and try your other devices out.

TKIP is an evolution of WEP and AES is the danglies...lol

I run my network on WEP, "hidden" and mac address filtering. It does the trick.

I look at it if someone wants in they can get it in, even via TKIP if they tried hard enough. Plus the chances of them tageting me are slim. Remember most wlan hijackers are more internested in coprpoate networks rather than you average home user unless you are daft enough to not have any security!

The wii has connected up fine and the 360

Have to take the dust off the ps3 and put it together - lol

here is a better explanation of TKIP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_Key_Integrity_Protocol

Its a bit wordy, but gives a good general indication of what it does.

Personally, I would strongly recommend anyone who needs to have security on their wlan not to use WEP at all. Its not a lot of difficutly to use WPA.

The only time you should ever need to use WEP is when trying to play your mate on Mario Kart for the DS.

Thats a WEP Key error code

0710102 - DNS Error; No DSN server available.

8001050B - Will not play demo hard drive games, when blue-ray disc is inserted - Cause unknown

80010510 - Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown

8002b241 - DVI has no audio.

80028EA5 - Unknown

80029023 - Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out

80029024 - The attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown

8002F997 - Cannot update XMB firmware

8003051E - Game will not Save

80031150 - System Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen "Setting information is corrupted.Press the x button to repair and restore default"

80130203 - PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

80710092 - "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network"

80710102 - PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information

80710541 - The connection to the server timed out.

80710B23 - PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

80710D23 - Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power toggle (not standby mode).

80029024 -"Cannot Obtain an IP address".

80028EA5 Unknown - User cannot connect to PS3 network.

8001050B - "Will not play demo hard drive games, (when blue-ray disc is inserted) - cause unknown".

8002F997 - Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive falied".

80710016 - Playstation Network is down.

8013013E - WEP Key error, change WEP key to all numbers (on router homepage) and try agian, or which to WPA.

8013030F - Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.

8002F994 - To many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.

80410A0B - Internal PSP error, hardware fault. Send back to be replaced/fixed.

80028F10 - Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automactic, not Custom. I always had it on Custom before.

8002A705 - Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.

80030920 - An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isnt enough memory. Try copying data from original source.

Back