best 'plug and play' image backup

Bluemotion

Inactive User
Reaction score
which is it best to start off with since k-net2020 has posted many of them

BTW whats the diferences bet ween the gemini and neutrino images?

all down to personal choice really just different layouts there maybe a few different features amongst them all

best just to try them really

geminiuk105 is a good one to start with as its uk ready just need to load then scan

running gemini 2.5 myself which has a bruteforce scan

have used the neutrino bit more involved but ok if you follow the guide

I would stick with gemini m8, that the only one i can get fully working ALL channels, i am still playing with neutrino to get ALL channels but no luck.

thanks for the info
Whats the difference between the gemini versions
can the newer one , (2.5)pick up all channels?

Bluemotion said:
thanks for the info
Whats the difference between the gemini versions
can the newer one , (2.5)pick up all channels?

I tried Gem 2.5 last night and although it seemed to pick up all the channels on the manual scan I couldn't actually view them, just blank screens!!!!????? so went back to 1.5 and no probs. :)

oh ok
so i think i'll use Gemini 1.5 then.
cheers for the help guys!

ajones1722 said:
I tried Gem 2.5 last night and although it seemed to pick up all the channels on the manual scan I couldn't actually view them, just blank screens!!!!????? so went back to 1.5 and no probs. :)

This sounds like you may have been using the 'common interface' rather than evocamd (NOTE: there are 2 images with 2.50 in the downloads section, you need to use the one from cyber2k1

As for the original question the Gemini 1.05 does appear to get most people up & running quickest, I still pref the Neutrino but it does need a little more patience. If you manage to get 1.05 working simply create a backup of your services.xml etc using Dreambox Control Center, then when you flash to Gemin 2.50 you can simply upload the 1.05 Bouquets/Services to the 2.50 image.

Much quicker, the 2.50 image does have a few useful addtions like the calendar etc

k-net2020 said:
This sounds like you may have been using the 'common interface' rather than evocamd (NOTE: there are 2 images with 2.50 in the downloads section, you need to use the one from cyber2k1

As for the original question the Gemini 1.05 does appear to get most people up & running quickest, I still pref the Neutrino but it does need a little more patience. If you manage to get 1.05 working simply create a backup of your services.xml etc using Dreambox Control Center, then when you flash to Gemin 2.50 you can simply upload the 1.05 Bouquets/Services to the 2.50 image.

Much quicker, the 2.50 image does have a few useful addtions like the calendar etc

thanks for the settings tip!

k-nets right when i first loaded the gemini 2.5 image found all channels but if they are blank you have to activate the evocamd from the blue screen then reboot
this image for me found all the channels even front row after the brute force scan which took about 40 mins

awww good
cos running on the latest vrsion of anything is usually the best thing
Cheers guys

k-net2020 said:

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try tonight.

Back