Best place to put satellite dish?

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As part of my house rewire project, I have the option to relocate my sat dish. Where is the best place locate it? I think I have the following three options:

1. On the back wall as before
2. Attached to the existing terrestrial aerial pole (shared with neighbour)
3. On the flat roof of the house

Which do you think is best? The higher I go, the more trees I clear but would be faced with the problem of high winds.

easiest for install and if anything goes wrong is flat roof, but you have to check you would get signal ok (trees), my dish is fairly low and i clear everything ok but thats me.

shared pole..erm.... i wouldnt.

where it is well if it aint broke dont fix it.

easiest for install and if anything goes wrong is flat roof, but you have to check you would get signal ok (trees), my dish is fairly low and i clear everything ok but thats me.

shared pole..erm.... i wouldnt.

where it is well if it aint broke dont fix it.

Thanks mate. Well it's been taken off for building works, so would like to know what's best.

I think I'll just put it back where it was :)

As thommo says flat roof if there are no view restrictions otherwise put back on the wall :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I would stick on a wall but it depends on how easy access it is and also what the line of sight your flat roof can offer.

I like flat roofs because you can stick an array of dishes if you have good line of sight!

I agree flat roof or wall. Try not to mount it on any poles or tri-pods as these can move in high winds and all it takes is a few CM left or right and your signal will be lost.

Back