Best Freeview MENU system?

kinghenriklarsson

Inactive User
Reaction score
IS there any info on the best Freeview MENU system?

The reason I ask is that I have a Thompson DTI1000 and a Wharfdale one.

Both from Argos.

I find the Thompson one better 'cos you can see the current channel in the corner while you view the "TV Guide". But the Wharfdale doesnt. Plus the Thompson lets you press "info" button on the current channel AND any others and you still get to see the current progam again the wharfdale sux 'cos you got to go to the TV Guide and you now cant see the tv channel. Stoopid.
I am going to hold off buying a Wharfdale LCDTV due to their crappy menu system.

Any other systems better than the Thompson?

From my experiance with quite a few boxes, then i would say the Nokia has the best menu system by quite some way - once you have set up some folders and sorted the channels into them... you can find and change to any channel in about two seconds flat (without having to remember the channel number i mean).... However, it's such a shame that Nokia's customer service completely sux, and the last software upgrade made the box so unstable, it's next to useless..... Many agree it would be the best box on the market if they took their heads out of their arses.

hi I can only add that I had a goodmans gdb4 set top box that was very good I then brought a philips IDTV and that sucks, It dosent even do "now and next" when you select a channel.
I would never of thought of test driving the menus but I would now.
and I recently brought a freecom usb tv stick the picture is great but again the software is really bad, I cant find a way of tuning the channels in to sensiable numbers.

I don't know about any other menus.
But I like the menu on the Samsung IDTV as well as showing the listings of the shows (in a similar look to the sky tv guide).
It show the current tv channel in a small box (top right).
It also shows the signal strength of the channel you have selected in the guide.

One problem with the Thompson FV box over the Wharfdale one is that the wharfdale one has a button on the remote for subtititles while the thompson u have to go through a couple of menus

i have not seen many but the panasonic one is fine plain and simple, although could have a better design scheme

I bought one from a market, a digifusion, its menu is pretty diabolical but according to web reviews it was the first to offer 7 day listings? apparently by providing it themselves

Back