best cable box to modify

everlastuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys was wondering which is the best box to modify, ive got a pace 4100 box modfied but i wanna do one for a mate but wasnt sure which one to go for does area and cable provider matter? or do all cable boxes work in any area as long as the card is programmed correctly with the box?

thanx guys

Have a good search around you will find your answers, let me advise you on one important thing before you mod a box is to cut the talkback if you dont do this you or your m8 will have a early father xmas visit from the provider company.

I doubt you have a 4100 - maybe a 4000, a 4001 or a 4010? The region is crucial - enter the postcode here http://www.dslzoneuk.net/ntl_region.php. If it doesn't come up with anything then check on the telewest web page. If dslzone says you're pure ntl (Langley) you need a Pace 4001, a Pace 4010 or a Samsung 2100. If it says you're on exC&W ntl (Bromley) you need a Pace 1000, Pace 2000 (best avoided), Pace 4000N or a Samsung 2100. If you're on Telewest you want a Pace 1000T, Pace 1010T, Pace 2000T (best avaoided) or Pace 4000T.

yes good advice have aread around before you buy anything. also have a look at this

Last edited:
everlastuk said:
hi guys was wondering which is the best box to modify, ive got a pace 4100 box modfied but i wanna do one for a mate but wasnt sure which one to go for does area and cable provider matter? or do all cable boxes work in any area as long as the card is programmed correctly with the box?

thanx guys

Here read this mate, i think all the answers are in here

*sorry cliffy, you seemed to have posted at the same time as i was uploading i think*

Last edited:
thanx for all that info guys it was brill!! out these boxes which is best recommended? yea sorry about the mispelling my box is a pace4001 but ive noticed gettin the bk is really hard cause its not in the engineers manual, so which one to go for my mate? iPace 4001, a Pace 4010, or a Samsung 2100
is the pace 4010 or samsung 2100 in the engineers manual?

thanks guys

Hi
I guess u must be in a pure nthell area
Cos of the boxes u listed
Well all the boxes need tools to get bk
4001 needs leds simm
sammy and 4010 need jtag
The other way is to unlock and read the original card
As for which is the easiest to do
Now i would say 4001 cos of new led sim
The other 2 require minimal soldering skill
Hope that helps :Cheers:

If you can solder go for the universal one - the pogo type need no soldering but you really need a second pair of hands to hold the connector on the board whilst you drive the software. Pace 4000 / 4010 require the 10 pin pogo and Samsung 2100 the 20 pin, or go for the one with both ends to cover all eventualities.

bammy said:
If you can solder go for the universal one - the pogo type need no soldering but you really need a second pair of hands to hold the connector on the board whilst you drive the software. Pace 4000 / 4010 require the 10 pin pogo and Samsung 2100 the 20 pin, or go for the one with both ends to cover all eventualities.

Thanks for that, which cable do I need, JTAG to PC?

Back