Best Buy, anyone used them ?

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got given a flyer for their new shop opening by me, its a electrical shop but what caught my eye is a ONKYO 5.1 AV reciever Tx sr 507 £149 (Munkey could do with some info on it m8).
plus £149 for the speakers.
Has anyone here used them.

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/page/Home.aspx

i believe they are the biggest usa electrical chain.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yep a big chain from the states opening a few stores in selected areas for now

Yeap, US based but in partnership with carphone warehouse in the UK.

Opening offers are good value (got a 50" LG plasma for £500, cheapest elsewhere is £700) but otherwise I found them overpriced compared to online. Service is so and so, nothing special.

If you are looking for opening day offers, its variable. At lakeside, they had 50 of the 50" LG plasma, 150 32" LCD toshiba both of which were still available at lunchtime. But only 5 of an AV amps (I think the one you are after). I queued from 5am, store opened at 7am and was around 15th in the queue but they were all gone.

Queuing system was very well organised, basically they had numbered leaflets for each sale item in stock and they walked down the line before opening time and handed out the leaflets so no crazy rush. I would advise getting there early if you want a specific item.

Only used them when on holiday in USA. Good range of products at good prices. Not sure how they will be in the UK though.

Back