Best Anti Virus And Adware And Spyware Software

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok guys i need to know what is the best software that will give my pc all round protection from viruses spyware and adware and anything else that i might need to know about.

have a look at this sticky post in pc problems plenty of info for spyware protection
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63905

a/v software well it personal preference realy, this question has been asked b4 and u wont get a diffinitive answer cos everybody uses something different.

i personally use kaspersky a/v on xp workstns and bitdefender on my server. i also every now and then use a free trial version of what ever is about to do a check on what i normally run, just as a check (as none of them ever find all nasties, over the years have used norton/macaffee/sophos )

kaspersky seems to feature in most survays/tests done by comp mags etc and does very well, very good level of protection and real easy to use.

you will also find the same level of disagreement with firewalls too :) but u didnt ask about that..........

ok thanks for that guys what do u think of nthell netguard is it any good.
and as for firewall i use standard xp firewall is this ok?

dunno about netguard never used it

some use xp firewall........i think its been improved with sp2, as i said b4 u wil get many recomendations for firewall, its what u are comfortable with, some like 2 controls (on/off) others like millions of things to tweek.....

i use a dedicated linux pc running smoothwall (possibly overkill but hay i want to be safe) :)

what ever u use it is worth going to some check sites

www.grc.com and run shields up program

http://scan.sygate.com/ and run the 4 tests

this will give u the confidence that the firewall is running

i dont know your level but as a starting point u could use zone alarm suite this is firewall/av and limited spyware or
bitdefender suite this is firewall and av bundled

explosivo said:
i now use nod32 antivirus and find it to be the best of the lot by miles.

04 Blindman.jpg

Back