Best and easiest option for me?

s.wellard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys i have just purchased a pace 4001 stb. Once i have the ird and the box id what would be the easiest/cheapest way to program a card that will work, i have checked my cable area and it says:

You are on the Bromley (ex. Cable & Wireless) platform. (brighton)

So i assume from reading earlier posts that i can make an au card that will work?

First of all what card can i use? (Atmega163 card will this one work?)

and what programmer can i use? (cheaper the better) lol

I dont mind having to update the card if the cost for an au one is alot more.

I hope im not too anoying, and i have searched and searched for the answer to my question's but just can't be certain on what's the best avenue to take. Many thanks

Sam

hi mate cheapest and easiest would be a funcard and the best programmer for that would be infinity usb phoenix or nfinity usb unlimited. thats if u dont mind updating ur card all the time. any problems pm me mate would love to help u out.

@s.wellard - sorry to break the news but you've tripped over at the first hurdle and bought the wrong type of box. The 4001 is a davic / langley / pure NTL box; you need a docsis / bromley / exC&W NTL box. Suitable models would be Pace 1000, 1000phase1b, 2000, 4000 or Samsung SMT2100C. It can be very difficult to get the BK for the 2000 so this is best avoided for a newbie. If you get the box with the original card you can unlock it and reprogram it as a MOSC card - these are the most reliable autoupdate cards.

hi mate just done the same thing
I havent paid 4 it yet though
Found out after winning on fleabay it was a 4000N
If u r interested i may trade but i need to know soon
And it will prob take a week to get here from the whirral

Hi i dont know if i am allowed to do this and am sure someone will tell me if not.
I have a bromley box which is working fine but i am in a langley area so the tv guide does not work but this is only because box is being used in wrong area, it is a 1000 box and i need the 4001 so if it is all working ok and had the talkback sorted i would swap. the flap is missing on mine but pesonaly think its nowt to worry about.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back