Berbatov to United looks likely

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
It appears we have strong interest in the Spurs ace!

Manchester United have agreed to pay Tottenham a club-record £28million for Dimitar
Berbatov - but may have to wait a few weeks before completing the deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson finally made his move for the Bulgarian striker over the weekend.

An initial bid of £20m was rejected and it was then reported that United would make a £25m take-it-or-leave it offer.

However, the two clubs have now come to an agreement after chairman Daniel Levy insisted the champions pay closer to £30m.

Reports in the London Evening Standard suggest Spurs will still not let him leave for Old Trafford until they find a replacement and the club have joined Arsenal and Chelsea in the hunt for Zenit St Petersburg’s Euro 2008 Russian star Andrei Arshavin.

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz is also a target, although Tottenham are already having difficulty negotiating with Blackburn over England winger David Bentley.

The Lancashire club want £18m for the former Arsenal star who is keen to return to London and is a Spurs fan.

Tottenham may also use the funds from the Berbatov sale to make another move for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o, although he has already made it clear he isn’t interested in coming to White Hart Lane.

But while Berbatov will go to United, they won’t allow assistant manager Gus Poyet to follow him.

The Uruguayan is on Ferguson’s wish list to replace Carlos Queiroz, but Spurs are determined to keep him and he is happy at the club.

Source: Daily Mail

i aint too happy about paying 30M for Berbatov

he is class but i dont think he is fair to well with our system..

i would rather go for Huntalaar from Ajax.. he will be cheaper and is more deadly infront of goal..
having said that at least Berbatov has proven himself in the PL...

he is acting like a sulky child right now.

He got given a huge break, and if he puts the effort in he will get CL footie. All this posturing from his agent just shows he isnt willing to put the effort in.

i aint too happy about paying 30M for Berbatov

he is class but i dont think he is fair to well with our system..

i would rather go for Huntalaar from Ajax.. he will be cheaper and is more deadly infront of goal..
having said that at least Berbatov has proven himself in the PL...

i think huntalaar would do well for utd... he is deadly but also remember that the endiversion (whatever its called lol) is no way near th EPL standards and yes 88 goals in 98 games is some record but also he does not have allot of pace and the EPL is the fastest league in the world.

however utd put allot of crosses in and can resort to long balls so i hink huntalaar would do well for them.

Berbatov however has great vision and technical abillity and can score and pass... look how well he has done at spurs imaging stepping up to team that can actually all play at a really high standard and the biggest plus is he needs no settling in time.

But he is a moody fooker and would that go down well in the dressing room if you keep ronaldo he wont be the happiest players imaging having to of them fooking about.

Gamble for utd i think but could pay of divedends or blow up in your face.

hmmmm im not too sure about berba.. £30m for a 28yr old who plays in a similar role to tevez and rooney. I would much rather have gone for huntelaar/benzema. Younger and would probably have cost less..

i think Berbatov is a good option for us! The price quoted at £28 million is a touch high but we always pay top dough for player in the premier league.

I would be happy to see him at Old trafford as he is a 20+ goals a season striker! With Huntlelaar i have my doubts and Benzema is to expensive (£48 million or something similar) also i feel Benzema needs another year or two to progress and develop fully!

i think Berbatov is a good option for us! The price quoted at £28 million is a touch high but we always pay top dough for player in the premier league.

I would be happy to see him at Old trafford as he is a 20+ goals a season striker! With Huntlelaar i have my doubts and Benzema is to expensive (£48 million or something similar) also i feel Benzema needs another year or two to progress and develop fully!

£48m for benzema.. not a chance.. think we could got him for £20m plus add-ons. He's really quick, plays off the last man and an eye for goal. With the gr8 passers at the club threading balls thru and over the top i think it woulda worked fantastically well. Not saying berba's a bad player, just dont think he's gona fit with the system.

Benzema has long been touted as France’s next big thing, and is expected to vie with Marseille’s Samir Nasri for the title of les Bleus’ marquee superstar.

The latter is on the verge of joining Arsenal and Benzema has also been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, as Sir Alex Ferguson is reported to be a huge admirer.

The 20-year-old was never going to come cheap, however, as Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has stated that for “€40m or €50m we would sell Benzema's ear”.

Reports indicate that United launched a bid three weeks ago but it is believed Lyon demanded no less than ₤48million (€60million) for the Algerian-descended youngster.

Hence, Sir Alex has turned his attention elsewhere, with ₤28million for Tottenham’s Dimitar Berbatov suddenly appearing a steal by comparison

nasri joined us two days ago ronaldo.

off topic but ... you going to change your name when ronnie leaves ?

nasri joined us two days ago ronaldo.

off topic but ... you going to change your name when ronnie leaves ?

lol i dunno yet mickie might do unsure what i would change it to maybe Luis-Nani lol

yep i know about Samri was just posting that article about Benzema it had some info of Nasri too

you lot have a very fine young talent in Nasri i am sure he will develop into a top player

As a lifelong Man U fan I would be very disappointed if we sign Berbatov especially for £28 million, as stated before he is simply a sulker with over rated technical ability who like most top players dont appreciate the chances given to them by the clubs.

Benzema is ridiculously over priced especially as he hasnt proven a thing to anyone and Huntelaar now seems a good option, but personally I would stick with the same team as additions are not necessary I dont think.

As a lifelong Man U fan I would be very disappointed if we sign Berbatov especially for £28 million, as stated before he is simply a sulker with over rated technical ability who like most top players dont appreciate the chances given to them by the clubs.

Benzema is ridiculously over priced especially as he hasnt proven a thing to anyone and Huntelaar now seems a good option, but personally I would stick with the same team as additions are not necessary I dont think.

Berbatov would be the final piece in the jigsaw then i think we have a good squad of players! I also hope Manucho sis given a work permit and if one of Frazier Campbell and Danny Wellbeck make the step up we have a good group of strikers.

1. Rooney
2. Tevez
3. New signing
4. Manucho
5. Campbell/Wellbeck

Back