BER of 1658880 is this to high?

Romero

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm checking a chorus area in Ireland and internet and analog chorus are available, but I'm not picking up anything on it I'm wondering if the ber is to high?

the snr is 70% and the agc is 99% with the ber at the above figure

any advice greatly appreciated

Romero ;)

BER should be near zero.
Either your choosen frequency is complete wrong or there is a problem with the signal.

Signal level too low?

SNR of 70 sounds too low. That could lead to unacceptably high Bit Error Rate. As pevious poster says, BER should be zero ideally.

Assuming you are talking about cable (?), you may need an amplifier. Just a thought.

had this trouble with my free 2 air itv ch 4 ch 5 change them over the the audio channels in my scan the audio channels seem steady no high ber just get a guy speaking over the picture but it dont bother me .

ber.s not that important,under 20,000 is acceptable..s.n.r s the most important one over 55,000 being the benchmark...a good picture can be acheived with a low signal strenght,as ya pal further up the thread explained..so dont panic..ya well inside the parameters to veiw perfectly...

BER is the most important thing. A box cannot decode a mpeg stream with a high error rate.
If you get a high BER and the picture is ok you maybe using a image with botched BER readings..

Last edited:
Back