belkin54g

tetley669

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just want to know me and my friend that live in glasgow area always have a belkin54g in our unsecured network list . it never seems to turn off ether ???
just wondering if anyone knows what isp uses this .

I just want to know me and my friend that live in glasgow area always have a belkin54g in our unsecured network list . it never seems to turn off ether ???
just wondering if anyone knows what isp uses this .

WIll it not just be someone who has a wireless internet connection with no security thats living nearby? Belikin 54g will just be a router i imagine and the person has no security so anyone close enough picks up their connection.

WIll it not just be someone who has a wireless internet connection with no security thats living nearby? Belikin 54g will just be a router i imagine and the person has no security so anyone close enough picks up their connection.

It will still show up even if it is secure. It's not until you try and connect to it that it will ask for the encryption key.

I see my neighbours router and he sees my signal but we can't connect as we are both secure.

Last edited:
Belkin 54g is a cable router so if its in glasgow it will prob be on NTL.

It's nothing to worry about, just someone in the local area who does know how to secure their wireless router.

They could configure it to stop broadcasting its SSID if they knew how.
but most don't.

I live in a flat, in a town centre and I can see 5 or 6 unsecured wireless connections broadcasting 24hrs a day.

handy if your own connection goes down ;)

I live in a flat, in a town centre and I can see 5 or 6 unsecured wireless connections broadcasting 24hrs a day.

handy if your own connection goes down ;)

If I was a hacker (which I am not), then putting up an unsecured router in a city center would be a perfect 'honey trap'.
People think 'idiot - I will use this free access', they login to their email, and would give full access to account/password info. Great for spamming !!!
Legally of course you are stealing someone elses bandwidth so I suppose you would be just as guilty as the hacker hmmm....
Use with care.

Mike

Back