Belkin Router £14.97

Awesome, not often you see a brand name like this going for buttons!

router

is that in store price as well do u think? cos my m8's looking for 1

DONT BUY.

These routers are utter shit. They don't work with 20Mbit. The bearly work with 10Mbit.
And forget about torrents since they crash it...

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gs2sm9ZbUo[/ame]

i have the 54g belkin router working with my 20mb fine? torrents are faster than ever on it?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i have the 54g belkin router working with my 20mb fine? torrents are faster than ever on it?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Belkin FD7230 V2 and FD7231 (PC World router) are the ones that cause the problems. Other belkin routers might work better, but generally the firmware on them is crap anyway.

I returned a Belkin and swapped it for a Netgear as it would lock up on torrents, so maybe there is a common problem.

Can't rem the model but it was one of the latest 1T thingeys.

Messa

If you follow DemonX's YouTube link you'll see that it is quite a common problem.

i have a 9230-4 have been using it for over a year now with no problems. get 20meg and file transfer, have 2 wired connections and about 7 wireless with no problems at all. altho it did loose connection when i first got it quite often. its all working good now. it does need a reboot every few weeks.

That's a different model mate.

What router did you have before the Belkin?

# Ideal Usage - Great for music/photos

Lol, you get what you pay for ;)

ive been using a 54g model number fd7230 updated firmware a few months back
not had a problem with torrents or me isp speed,got 4 wireless connections and four wired connections,might get this me self cos its twice as fast as mine

My first router was the belkin fd7230. Returned 2 in six months as they kept resetting due to overheating which is apparently a very common problem with them. Eventually gave up bought a cheap tp-link and have never had a problem.So I personally would stay away from it.

Back