"Being in a bus lane" for 4 seconds... £60 fine!

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got another penalty charge notice in the mail from a london borough council.

This time its for "being in a bus lane" and they've included their CCTV photos of my terrible crime:

photo 1 - my car goes starts to move into a bus lane at 8.44am and 47 seconds.
photos 2 and 3 - at 8.44am and 50 seconds, my car now about halfway over into the bus lane.
photo 4 - at 8.44am and 51 seconds, the bus lane ends and I'm fully over into the lane.

so to punish me for those 4 seconds, they want £60 within 14 days or its £120!!

aint it great living in London?!!

Last edited:
argue it out!

say you moved over to avoid a cat but lane was due to end anyway.

p.s. i have moved this to rant room also, as i would be ranting about this.

Seems harsh to me also, I would do as Highlander suggested and argue it out in an appeal. Seems you were just moving into the lane as it the bus lane ended, say you moved it to keep traffic flowing as there were no buses in the lane and it was at the very end of it.

I see too many morons flying down the bus lane/hard shoulder/ 2+ lane to offer much sympathy to be honest.

They could easily give you a warning, and keep record of it so if you make any small infringement you will be punished. But they have a cctv system to pay for havent they?

I would put it down to experience tbh.

I see too many morons flying down the bus lane/hard shoulder/ 2+ lane to offer much sympathy to be honest.

They could easily give you a warning, and keep record of it so if you make any small infringement you will be punished. But they have a cctv system to pay for havent they?

Kinda agree with you m8. I hate the fookers that go in the bus lane just before it ends and fly up your inside on your blind spot. Potential accident waiting to happen imv

Not really....

Why enter a bus lane for 4 seconds?? there must of been a reason.. you dont just move in and move straight back out..

I disagree...

visit

_http://www.motoringlawyers.com/

Who cares if it costs more than the actual fine.. these people who sit there pissing themselves with laughter when they look at the photo's and issue fines need to be shown that we are not lying down..

Not really....

Why enter a bus lane for 4 seconds?? there must of been a reason.. you dont just move in and move straight back out...

yeah thats the funny thing about it and thats what i've been trying to remember - why did i veer into it in the 1st place?

there must have been some reason coz it was an empty road on a saturday morning which i drive down all the time so i know the rules on it and it's not like i got any advantage from doing it either.

i'm just trying to think back if there was something that made me go in it - like did i have to swerve to avoid something etc.

Saw a clip the other night saying how we were being robbed by these fines an example was a bus lane that covered a left turn making it impossiable to turn left without crossing the bus lane and they were actualy doing drivers for it.

tell them that an on coming car came into your lane and you had no choice but to swerve into the bus lane to avoid a collision

Kinda agree with you m8. I hate the fookers that go in the bus lane just before it ends and fly up your inside on your blind spot. Potential accident waiting to happen imv

How can you say that when taxis and motorbikes are allowed to drive in them. Aren't they a potential accident waiting to happen?

I can understand motorbikes, but not taxis.

Motorbikers normally suffer from the bad drivers out there. Granted, bus drivers are not perfect either, but there are less of them compared to car drivers.

How can you say that when taxis and motorbikes are allowed to drive in them. Aren't they a potential accident waiting to happen?

Yes m8 undertaking is always an accident waiting to happen. The whole idea is bad i suppose. My point is that when you are comming out of the bus lane ie aproaching a roundabout and you want the inside lane. Its the fookers that cut in early to the bus lane just as you are legit changing lane that im on about. When you look the road is clear but then mr smart arse cuts in and well my point is made.

never been done in a bus lane (yet lol) i know that you cannot have both wheels the bus lane or its an instant fine.

But parking tickets lol.... i write to them on every ticket even if i lose i feel they must work a little for the money lol.

I normally just email them or fill out the online forms and say that the bay line markings are not consistant with the laws of the road and could they send out an expert and take photo's incase i am wrong.

All costs money and these greedy bastards wont get mine without a fight!

They now also drive around london on the FUCKING MOPEDS you don't stand a chance!

They now also drive around london on the FUCKING MOPEDS you don't stand a chance!

Same in Edinburgh m8.

A certain song from long ago by the flying lizzards comes to mind here ! It was called MONEY "money thats what i want Money" google it and send it to the council as there theme tune m8.

Robbing c***s they are.

COME TO THINK OF IT MAKE IT ENGLANDS THEME TUNE.

Back