been ripped off

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
totally peed of now, i help run a forum on another site (nothing to do with cable etc), any way a member who ive known on there for some time was selling his mp3 / video player at a reasonable price. i contacted him and payed him using paypal. after a few days of nagging i finally got a parcel force tracker number. all looked good until i checked and found it had been delivered!!!!! wtf. i rang up parcel force and they told me that the my address WASNT the one on the parcel. so ive tried the last 3 days with emails to get in touch but had no answers. totally peed off now as i bought it on behalf of someone else and i know im gona end up out of pocket. any ideas? im pretty sure pappy pal will be utterly useless as i didnt use their on line auction house,
im wondering if i report this as a fraud then would they be forced to hand over the geezas address? - i have his name.
agghhh last time i put my money on the line for someone else, i feel like a total idiot!
cheers

totally peed of now, i help run a forum on another site (nothing to do with cable etc), any way a member who ive known on there for some time was selling his mp3 / video player at a reasonable price. i contacted him and payed him using paypal. after a few days of nagging i finally got a parcel force tracker number. all looked good until i checked and found it had been delivered!!!!! wtf. i rang up parcel force and they told me that the my address WASNT the one on the parcel. so ive tried the last 3 days with emails to get in touch but had no answers. totally peed off now as i bought it on behalf of someone else and i know im gona end up out of pocket. any ideas? im pretty sure pappy pal will be utterly useless as i didnt use their on line auction house,
im wondering if i report this as a fraud then would they be forced to hand over the geezas address? - i have his name.
agghhh last time i put my money on the line for someone else, i feel like a total idiot!
cheers

think its down to the sender to claim against parcelforce cos he sent the item, as for paypal you should've got an email when paying and it should say on it whether your covered by protection, i'd email or ring and find out, never really had trouble with them myself but hearing more and more like this recently, but seems they go in favour of the buyer 99% of the time so you may be lucky

its not parcel force thats at fault, they have delivered the parcel to the address given to them, i confermed this over the phone, i think the guy is just ripping me off, im gona put in a fraud claim on paypal and report it in 24hrs.
cheers

Yeah mate, your address will be on PayPal records and that will not the address on the trecking system from Parcel Force so you have got a chance if PayPal see sense, but only if the guy has PayPal funds in his account. If he has emptied it you can say goodbye to the cash or the item.

I would put the complaint in asap.

cheers

I had a similar problem with ebay a couple of months back and paid for the item with paypal.I sent them a rather nasty email accusing them of condoning fraud,etc and by return they emailed me the sellers address and mobile phone number.Might be worth taking the same approach,as these rodents normally choose to ignore reasonable complaints.Hope this helps you.

cheers ppl, i actually heard from the seller today, he said "ive tracked the parcel to your address and it was signed for by M Brown - so you have to find out who he is", the blokes a idiot as ive already told him this and the parcel dosnt have the address i gave him, i forwared parcel force phone number to him to call to see if they have MIXED UP the delivery which i doubt very much now. im given him to weds morning then setting the dogs on him, any chance of an edited copy of the email you sent paypal that got the details though?, i will take it to court and would love these details in my hand.
cheers

sorry to hear that mate but its the senders fault!!! get intouch with him get the adress of him if he does not have it get intouch with PF get the adress go down and sort it out!

peace bilals

well ive now asked him 6x to send me proof so i can go after parcel force, ive had enough now, first thing in the morning im gona file it with paypal and try to get them to give me the details of the seller, then i will head to the local police station to file a crime report. i think ive given him enough time, i cant work this guy out what the point on ripping someone off for such a small amount only to recieve a ccj as i will push it to county court if paypal dont re emburse and a possible criminal record!!
some ppl are really weird!

update, i ran the paypal dispute and esclated the claim which he failed to answer, on the 11th day (about 20mins ago) they found in my favor and refunded me £0.23 as he has no money in the account. what do paypal do now and will they get my money back?
also how do i go about coaxing the sellers details from them, as i want to take it to small claims court now and get the fooker.
cheers

when you originally paid, was it from funds in your paypal account, or was it via paypal but using a crad or bank transfer? as you can go to your bank and file a fraud complaint for a chargeback

nope straight of my debit card listed on paypal account. would they be able to do this on normal back accounts?, i thought this was the only benifit of paying by credit card, ive given him the dead line and will approach my bank first if thats the case.
cheers!

Back