Been making a blackcat all day?? It looks like shite!

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
I should have just bought one,but if it works i'll feel great!!
Now no-one has given me a direct answer yet.
I understand that i can tell the modem(sb5100) the config file i want.
Do i just put the name of the config file in that field and it does the rest or do i have to some how get the config file to download.
I'll work it out eventually but just putting the name of the file seems just to easy.
The cat actually looks like a whoopsie!!!!!

If you've got Sigma flashed to your 5100 then yes you will be able to force the config if not then you wont be able to force the config cheers BB:Cheers:

i got everything

I've been downloading everything i could with the name sigma and blackcat for the last week.
And let me tell you some of it had nothing to do with modems.
I got a file with everthing you need now.
So how come one of you brain boxes has'nt worked out how to flash an ambit like that.
I got a spare 120 now and might poke around with it.

It takes a certain amount of expertise to write firmware which myself and im sure 99% of the people on here dont have. The reason the Motos have been hacked is because they're used in America and tbh most of the world. Fiberware, Hackware & Sigma were developed in the US, so us lot on this little island are in the minority when it comes to Ambits, basically it comes down to nobodies tried to write a hacked firmware for the Ambits.

i thought it would be something like that.
But there must be a way of at least writting to the chip without lifting it.
I've only succeded in soldering one back once.
I was well happy.
Only trouble was it was a 120 before i realised that the pin eleven thing did'nt work.
Any how i got three sb5100 here so i'm not that bothered.
Hey them yanks come to out rescue again.
Cheers................

aye i know some people at tcniso and the devol black cat i think and sigma the sell modems on and crap and sell all ur cables and that ;)

I think i'll make another blackat. I could be wasting my time with this one.
It should work ,but it looks so ugly it's getting on my nerves.
I can't really see a straight forward tut of how to install it.
I got the sb internal web page ok, then i'm clicking on stuff and nothings happening.
It says that the blackcat engine failed bla,blah blah.
Is it an application that should start whether i got the modem in or not.
Or does it have to detect the modem.
I'll work it out eventually.
Nothing ever runs smooth.
But if it did. I suppose it wouldn't be worth doing,it would be boring and when you did it, you wouldn't feel like yesss!
Laters.........................

Failed again

Given up.
Just ordered blackcat lite.
Spent a fortune already,don't know why i got so tight all of a sudden?
I think it's cos i don't like paying for software?
Laters....................

Yeah i know.
this passed couple of weeks has been the nearest thing to going back to school since i took up guitar lessons.
Don't do them anymore.
If i had waited a couple of days i would have started again and probably got somewhere.
I gave up with the willem for a while and knew i would probably go back to it.
I had it working lovely in the end.
I might take a trip to maplins and get some more bits to make a better looking blackcat to make me feel better.

The software from tcniso is in the form of an ISO.
I still don't know if it a program that should be running even if it can't find the modem.
Laters........................

#surfboard on irc.efnet.org
If i rember rightly they make sigma and all that crap ;) go there and ask em for help coz they know what there doing trust me ;)

Thank you mate.
It's yonks since i used irc.
I'l load it up again.
I made another blackcat and it's much better than the last one.
Still don't work though.
I've ordered the blackcat lite .
I think i might upload a torrent of the cd.
I wish someone had done it for me.
cheers

blackcat software

if u have a copy of the tsniso cd can u pm me and maybe arrange an msn file upload?
i also have made a blackcat lead and have downloaded the software from here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TM8PS5UN but the software refuses to work... i hear you guys talkin about irc? never used it and dont know what it is.so if u could piont me to irc i would be grateful
i have 5 of these 5100 sukers and i know they can be done... i only want to order blackcat lite as a last resort as i like trying to do things on my own (plus i is also a pauper)
please help me benny i know you are a god on this site..lol ...all hail benny all hail benny lol many thanx allan

The irc address is tcniso. No hope of anything free there!
If you wanna wait i've ordered the blackcat shite and should be here next week.
I'll put it up as a torrent and share the thing with who ever wants it.
If you don't know what a torrent is then you should by now.
Download a programme called bitlord(there are other progs but i think thats the best.) and get that going so your ready.
The more people downloading it the better for everyone.
If i gotta wait so can you.
some other bugger should have done this already.
Don't forget to say thankyou!

bittorrent

yep i know bittorrent use it all the time ... was downloadin software via bt but no one has full 100 percent everyone is stuck at 80 percent.....
thanx for your help .. if u post it on bt please pm me with the torrent link please

thanx

Avinder, what's the tracker address forthe blackcat torrent.
I've been searching for the software for the last week or more.
Tried everything but could'nt find it.
I had the iso coming on sharezza but it was so slow and then disapeared.
I gave in and getting the blackcat lite.
I've made the jtag ,
Whats the betting that by the time i get the software from tcniso the torrents are everywhere and could have saved myself 40 bucks!
I might even post out cd come to think of it.
I got a stack of 100 sitting here that only cost me 11 quid!

Back