Been gone a while... need help!

No joy using another PC or safe mode. Not recovering from CA error, box is fully functional running nabiliosat black hole v0.12.

Getting to the boxes webpage by typing ip into browser, I select update box which loads a new page. I then browse for my nfi file and see the name of the file on the page once selected. I then press flash and nothing happens

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I reckon it's your browser then. The dreambox has been idle a long time and hasn't received updates. I would be tempted to install an old version of chrome or IE and try again.
Google has all the info on how to do it

Trying older and different browsers did not help unfortunately, nor did any other flashing via network troubleshooting tips I came across.

So looks like I'll have to go down the usb - com port option. Can I upgrade straight to the latest bootloader (current ssl72 or 75) or do I need to do it in stages? Can I backup my current bootloader incase newer ones aren't compatible with my SIM?

No need to do it in stages straight to the latest mate. No real way to back up the bootloader just make a note of the version so you can download it.

No joy using another PC or safe mode. Not recovering from CA error, box is fully functional running nabiliosat black hole v0.12.

Getting to the boxes webpage by typing ip into browser, I select update box which loads a new page. I then browse for my nfi file and see the name of the file on the page once selected. I then press flash and nothing happens

I had this issue aswell on new browsers, try an old one like Opera or SeaMonkey

Thanks for all the suggestions, but flashing via browsers (new or old) didn't work for me. I bought a usb to com cable and seem to be flashing just fine. Problem is, I now have the CA error.

I flashed to ssl84 and a compatible version of black hole and then re-flashed the SSL.

I'm now trying to revert back to the working combo of what I had before, but could someone post the latest SSL and compatible working image for me to try? Seems there are so many variations that I figure the CA error may be a comparability issue. If that doesn't work, I know I have a really old SIM which will need updating.

So... spent the morning trying to recover and in my research have managed to upgrade my sim (so guessing it was sim1.0 and not original or else update wouldn't have upgraded).

- Used optiflasher to recover from CA error and flash SSL70 (used this USB-COM cable with this adapter)
- flashed Ferrari sim update.nfi (1.3)
- opened menu - plugins - Ferrari sim update

once completed, I flashed to SSL88F (which I believe is latest compatible version for Ferrari sim?) and flashed blackhole 4.4... (any other images you guys would recommend?)

All seems to be working! Thanks for all the suggestions in the meantime.

Lastly, I guess I can only use Ferrari sim images, or can I use Japhar, Sim2 or any others too?

Last edited:
Back