Been gone a while... need help!

Yeah you can only use original images on it.

Is it possible to have a cloned box with an original sim? if so, can I still install original images? also, do i have to update bootloader first or can i just install an image with a newer SSL?

will be in a position to start applying some of this theory later :)

Updating now via browser. Taking longer than I thought. How and when do I know if it's ready? Will a message appear on the box or will I be notified in the browser?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Great, as nothing seems to have happened after pressing the flash button. Will just sit here patiently [emoji42]

If your not seeing a percentage movement its not working.

Flashing a ssl takes seconds image a few mins.

Try another browser.

It's been 30+ min. Is this normal?

No percentage bar shown. Tried chrome and Firefox. Got the original SSL from dreambox website. Do you have a file I can try to flash?

So, using this guide I have determined that I have a cloned box. Although there are a few similarities to the original I I guess just having one or two of the traits still means it's a clone.

All I need to determine now is if its an original sim in the clone, or if its a fake sim which looks like the original (image attached).

I'm not having any luck flashing anything over the network so I will be buying a Null Modem cable. I don't have a COM port, so it will be a USB variant. Is there anything I need to look for, or will any USB - Null modem cable do? (would these two do the trick?)

Attachments

• SIM.jpg
    SIM.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Iv never had any luck with using a USB - Null modem cable was flashing a Kryptview box (just would never connect)

Ended up ringing a few m8's and pinched an old laptop to use

This is the one i got from fleabay so give that one a miss m8

dont_get_this_one.jpg

Last edited:
are you sure ssl has not flashed over as blink and miss it lol

spent all day reading and researching and trying to update SSL... no joy and am tearing my hair out.
Now trying to find a good softcam for my current nabiliosat blackhole v.12 image (SSL72/75) as my cccam1.2 isn't clearing any channels.

Just want to be able to watch something whilst I wait for my cable to arrive!!

Ok, So USB to COM isnt an option to flash. I can get to the web browser in recovery mode but it doesnt seem to want to flash any SSL i upload... i browse for the image, click flash and then nothing happens.

Any ideas what could be stopping it??

Try disabling any malware, virus programs you have running plus disable windows defender, firewall

See if that helps ?

Ok, So USB to COM isnt an option to flash. I can get to the web browser in recovery mode but it doesnt seem to want to flash any SSL i upload... i browse for the image, click flash and then nothing happens.

Any ideas what could be stopping it??

It should be reporting an error even if it does not flash if it is not i suggest its a network issue.

Same result if I connect via router or direct to laptop. I can ping and communicate with the box either way so I'm really confused. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Try disabling any malware, virus programs you have running plus disable windows defender, firewall

See if that helps ?
Sorry, missed this post. Was the first thing I tried along with using different browsers. Next will try a different laptop see if that helps

Same result if I connect via router or direct to laptop. I can ping and communicate with the box either way so I'm really confused. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What file extension are you trying to flash via browser has to be nfi

What file extension are you trying to flash via browser has to be nfi
It's .nfi yes.

Tried downloads from forums and original bootloader from dream website... No joy!

Give that a try

safe boot with networking

Just google it as I don't know what OS you're running

Back