"BEEF" aka Andrew Johnston

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he becoming the "Eddie the Eagle" of golf?
Difference of course is that Andrew has talent. However, he seems to have endeared himself to a certain following who cheer him at every single hole and may actually affect his career. Today he is paired with Andy Sullivan from Nuneaton which is where I live.
The tv coverage between the 2 is mainly centred on "Beef" who is over par last time I looked whilst Sullivan is under par. "Beef is ranked 88th in the World whereas Sullivan is ranked 35th and looks a dead cert to be part of the Ryder Cup team.

Andrew is a breath of fresh air with his laid back, modest attitude. I just feel that the media exposure he is receiving from it will have a negative impact on his game.

i watched him last week, he is a hard guy to dislike...

guy has a big personality, hope he does well....

Think John Daly...and worry.

Exactly. They have bonded because they are both oddballs, non athletic types who play a good game of golf. Daley is still earning in the Seniors game, probably better than he does in the PGA. By the way, Paul Broadhurst, another local golfer won the Seniors British Open last week.
Loved it when Henrik Stenson lifted the Claret jug a fortnight ago, a terrific final round and all praise for Mickelsson too. The only downside for me was during his post match interview when he classed himself as an athlete. Stenson is, and quite a few other golfers.

Many others though should never be classed as athletes. Beef and Daly for 2 small examples. Should never have been included in the Olympics either. I always felt that the Olympics should match a persons' or teams' physical prowess against another. Won't be long before Snooker and Darts are included.

Should never have been included in the Olympics either.

Agreed! I've nothing against golf. I used to follow it a lot on the box before the Evil Empire hijacked it, and I've been known to hack my way round a golf course on occasion, smileys-golf-192553.gifbut the idea of it as an Olympic sport is beyond laughable.

I'm glad that a lot of the top players are turning their backs on it.

He is on soccer AM this week 10 am....
nice fella..

looking forward to watching it..

Looks like Andy Sullivan is on the move, maybe the US?
He has put his house up for sale, check out the putting green in the attic.

Back