BBC scrapping free tv license for over 75's

I am just reading the same on another news site.

The BBC is no longer fit for purpose and has no business charging a fee for equipment capable of receiving "live broadcast".

I haven't watched anything as it has been broadcast for years; All IPTV nowadays.

I agree with it, some people don't have whopping big pensions or well off and those should get help.
This has got F all to do with, "Paying into the system" this is TV.

Even the winter heating allowance gets on my wick. Some couples who have pensions bigger than mine and the wife wages and we dont get it. If you can afford it pay for it.
Theres an old couple I know worth a small fortune more than me and the missus combined wages well off I'd say and he was moaning the other week when he heard it was on the cards so why tf should they be entitled to it ???. And if you take his heating allowance away he wont freeze you know,

Hes always in fecking Tenerife roasting his clacks off !!!!

Everyone should pay unless your skint, means test it the tight tvvats

I agree with it, some people don't have whopping big pensions or well off and those should get help.
This has got F all to do with, "Paying into the system" this is TV.

Even the winter heating allowance gets on my wick. Some couples who have pensions bigger than mine and the wife wages and we dont get it. If you can afford it pay for it.
Theres an old couple I know worth a small fortune more than me and the missus combined wages well off I'd say and he was moaning the other week when he heard it was on the cards so why tf should they be entitled to it ???. And if you take his heating allowance away he wont freeze you know,

Hes always in fecking Tenerife roasting his clacks off !!!!

Everyone should pay unless your skint, means test it the tight tvvats
Maybe you should look outside the box and thinking everyone you know is the same.
This will affect some of the most venerable people in society.
Personally i think what you posted is either ignorance or something else bothering you.

Maybe it would be better for the BBC to be an opt in, opt out system with payment.
(just like other TV services)

Maybe your reading to much fake news mate and or you know to many rich people.
I dont read fake news, and do not know loads of rich people.
But what i do know this will make many struggle financially.
All in the name of greed.

Maybe you should look outside the box and thinking everyone you know is the same.
This will affect some of the most venerable people in society.
Personally i think what you posted is either ignorance or something else bothering you.

Maybe it would be better for the BBC to be an opt in, opt out system with payment.
(just like other TV services)

Maybe your reading to much fake news mate and or you know to many rich people.
I dont read fake news, and do not know loads of rich people.
But what i do know this will make many struggle financially.
All in the name of greed.
Agreed mate.
these old dears have paid there dues...wether they are well off or not, most of them have spent there entire life working and earning the right to live whats left of it the way they want to, i work my bollox off so i hope i will beable to enjoy my old age on a beach somewhere.
why should they be made to pay for something they cant opt out of.
Lets face it the shit thats on tv isnt worth the fees even to the younger generation...thats why people turn to other services...the BBC are just a greedy bunch of twats.

silverdale said:
Everyone should pay unless your skint

Does this include the people who live on the £82 a week jobseekers allowance and dont want to work...or does it just apply to the elderly?

Last edited:
I think we should get a vote on scrapping the BBC, its something we've never been given. Hell, we even got a vote on leaving the EU and look at the farce thats turned into.

Why not a vote on the BBC? 1. keep the bbc and license fee or 2. Let the BBC advertise for revenue and scrap the license fee. It would be an interesting poll on here as an experiment!

I think we should get a vote on scrapping the BBC, its something we've never been given. Hell, we even got a vote on leaving the EU and look at the farce thats turned into.

Why not a vote on the BBC? 1. keep the bbc and license fee or 2. Let the BBC advertise for revenue and scrap the license fee. It would be an interesting poll on here as an experiment!
Nice idea

I fear there is no escape from the BBC though... even if we did have the option to not watch the BBC 1 / 2 ...there are other channels such as Ukgold that show channels licensed by the BBC...

They have you buy the short and curlys...
The only real option as mentioned above is for the BBC to run adverts to gain revenue.

Personaly i couldnt care less about paying the £12 a month fee...its peanuts.

But they should leave the over 75's alone, these days your lucky to reach 75..let them enjoy there retirement not put more financial burdens on them.

Last edited:
What do you mean by the above quote @silverdale
I mean the people who are loaded/ well off who can easily afford it like the rest of us but because their of an age they expect it to be free, means testing is the correct way. Scramble it I say like sky I'm sure technology can do that then we can all CS in a proper fashion :)

I mean the people who are loaded/ well off who can easily afford it like the rest of us but because their of an age they expect it to be free, means testing is the correct way. Scramble it I say like sky I'm sure technology can do that then we can all CS in a proper fashion :)
As that sounds great idea it comes with problems at same time mate. Most elderly dont understand internet and will not have it installed in homes. Yes it would benefit the newer era with advances to tech, but i doubt the elderly have embrassed it.
The BBC said they polled 190,000 people, of whom 52% were in favour of reforming or abolishing free licences.
The BBC are very smart in question asked.... reform and abolish are two different things but in this case they were added together. They run with “reform”. Reform seems to mean picking the pockets of elderly citizens with this new law. Elderly will not “just not pay” as when threatening letter arrive they will be in fear as letters will say things around, criminal offence, fine, court and prison.
Fear and bully tactics will be used to extract money from over 75s that have paid there dues throughout life. The BBC could of came at it on a different direction, maybe half price, maybe not letting them continue not to pay. That was not the case due to greed.
The quicker this TV tax is removed or added to a voluntary opt in/out to view system the better. The BBC are for employing big salaries, running fake news and having paedophiles on the pay roll.
Now many over 75 will continue to pay for that.

How dare you hate on Aunty Beeb... she's 96 herself you know 🤣

Fkkin hell if there out like my grand parents were they slept through most of it. The TV was no more than a dust collector. I bet if you take most old ppls TVs away they wouldn't know anyway

I bet if you take most old ppls TVs away they wouldn't know anyway

I know my kids wouldnt...the only time there heads come out of there phones is to eat 😬

Back