iPhone Battery Drain after jailbreak

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
have started to notice that since i did the jailbreak, my phone battery is going down faster than before it was broken. The phone i have is 3 months old, 3gs. It's not like a mega drain but if i don't use it for say 2 hours will go down a few percent when before it didn't. But over the period of a day, you do notice it. Is this a common thing for a jailbroken phone, as could have things running in the background, like from what you install from cydia

Anyone else noticed this

Last edited:
i had the same problem on my 3gs, but doesn't seem to be much difference on the iphone 4 yet.

Get sbsettings and then you can close down unwanted processes to help save a little battery life, i used to do this on my 3gs.

if u press the power button once it will dim your screen saving battery life , also if u get an app called BatteryDoctor .

Had to youtube sbsettings, as i had it installed but didn't know how to find it lol

I'll have a look for that BatteryDoctor as it could become very handy.

As Biffo says get battery doctor pro from Installous, let your battery run down to under 20% and then run Battery Doctor before charging, this will start a full cycle charge, also in the BD settings set the trickle charge to 120 mins

As Biffo says get battery doctor pro from Installous, let your battery run down to under 20% and then run Battery Doctor before charging, this will start a full cycle charge, also in the BD settings set the trickle charge to 120 mins

Got that battery doctor and just done a full charge, so will see how it goes. Meant to do it once a month, not a big deal really.
I think i've noticed it more as i've been downloading more since the jailbreak. Not used it much past 2 days and hasn't gone down much. Cheers tho, very helpful app, there was tons on installous which would do the same thing, but Battery Doctor defo gets my vote.

Back