Basteward Indian Visa

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so pissed. Applied for Indian tourist visa back in April, it's now June and nothing back.

I was told it would be 2-3 working days when they took my application. they even checked my application as well. Isn't that misleading?

As it stands, if I withdraw my application, I don't get a refund because it's their terms and conditions. That's unfair in my opinion. They haven't provided me with any visa and they haven't done feck all despite me submitting 2 extra pieces of info they requested.

The indian high comission have outsourced their tourist visa application submission and collection to an external company so that we can only liaise with the application centre/company - and they are useless, they are only good for taking your money. No official answers or anything coz they aren't the high commision.

This is just a huge piss take. How can they get away with this? 2 months!! What the feck, we've missed out on out holiday coz of this shite.

I'm sure I can challenge this legally. Is anyone clued up on this stuff?

I applied and got mine in 3 days from VFS, you are right they dont know anything but do you have a reference number - you can put in into the online track and trace part of their website and see the status. Dont know much but would need to know what they requested and and more importantly, what passport do you hold as they can take time with nationals of certain countries

EDIT: By the way I doubt you could challenge this legally as its up tothem if they want to give you a visa or not

I applied and got mine in 3 days from VFS, you are right they dont know anything but do you have a reference number - you can put in into the online track and trace part of their website and see the status. Dont know much but would need to know what they requested and and more importantly, what passport do you hold as they can take time with nationals of certain countries

EDIT: By the way I doubt you could challenge this legally as its up tothem if they want to give you a visa or not
It pees me off that they can do what they want. We are all british passport holders. All of us have been british from birth, regardless of where my mum was born, she was born in another country but added to her mums british passport from birth meaning she never took on the nationality of that country as they were only there on their travels.

Not much to track as they high commision haven't done jack all. They asked for extra info which we submitted happilly.

last year they did this to my mum and spoilt her holiday. In the end when I asked to have the passport back, they issued the visa - that was with 1day left on her annual leave. Why don't they just look at how they were able to issue the visa last year

I think you can only try a charge back on a Visa debit card, excuse the pun - even then I dont think you would get it back as you will probably find you are not covered for this as on the Indian High Commission site they state the fee is not refundable

This is bollox. Just spoke to my bank and to visa directly. Gotta use my bank to opena dispute claim, but as you said, coz it's on their terms and conditions, they just have to say "no we will not refund the money" and I can't do anything about it.

Because it's not the high commision who took my money, but rather VFS, I could have a case if I went down the legal route. I had misleading information provided to me verbally and VFS is not part of the indian government, but rather a business in the Uk who should most likely have to abide by trading standards rules and british law.

VFS are only a point to apply from, they have no responsibility and state that on their site. when you contact them for information they use the track and trace service to give you the same information you can get. They are basically just there to stop people turning up at the embassy and off course to make money

Funny how a lot of countries are using this company to provide what they call visa services.

They aren't an option, they are the only way. I'm sure they are treading on thin ice. I know I'm not the only one going through crap from the embassy.

Nobody can take on a government, i.e. the indian government (the high commision), but by outsourcing to VFs, VFS have taken my money, and as far as I am concerned, I expect VFS to deliver me a Visa, which is what I paid for. There is no legitimate ground that they can deny me a visa, so it's not a case of IF i get a visa, it's WHEN...also I've been mislead by the application centre as they inspected my application and everything I submitted and had the cheek to tell me it will definitely be with me within 3 working days.

I got in touch with them today and asked if I could pay a bit more money and change the application from a short term visa to a 5 year multiple entry as I have already missed out on my holiday, and they told me NO. arsewipes

Back