Basic Calibration for your LCD, Plasma or Projector

well just managed to get it on the wall.. and ill be using it maily for my dm500..

and poss a dvd when i get a new player.. so detting the RGB scart up would be the main config..

so looks like gotta in vest in dvd buurner..

the lcd itself is quite old.. but good for its time.. or so ive read

Thanks for this Munkey, I'm going to try this out.

If anybody wants Rapidshare links.

RAR Password: tjums

Download:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for this Munkey, I'm going to try this out.

If anybody wants Rapidshare links.

Good going mate, if you need any help with the disk give me a shout. If it's a new plasma that you're calibrating then make sure you wait 200 hours before you do so.

Good going mate, if you need any help with the disk give me a shout. If it's a new plasma that you're calibrating then make sure you wait 200 hours before you do so.

hi Munkey mate

I just got myself a panasonic tx-p42s10 plasma today and I was just about to try to find the disc you mentioned in the first post but I have now red your last post.
why should I wait 200 hours first?

cheers

I think it has something to do with the colours stabalising, I guess it could be an old wives tale but I follow it regardless and it is an industry norm. When I've asked for a professional calibration to be done the installer always asks if the TV has been run in, so do as the pro's do :)

IIRC I have done a calibration using DVE at 0 hours and then had to make adjustments at around 200 hours so there could be something in this after all.

Either way just tone down the contrast and brightness during the burn in period and then adjust them as they should be when you calibrate.

Oh and enjoy your new telly :banana:

I think it has something to do with the colours stabalising, I guess it could be an old wives tale but I follow it regardless and it is an industry norm. When I've asked for a professional calibration to be done the installer always asks if the TV has been run in, so do as the pro's do :)

IIRC I have done a calibration using DVE at 0 hours and then had to make adjustments at around 200 hours so there could be something in this after all.

Either way just tone down the contrast and brightness during the burn in period and then adjust them as they should be when you calibrate.

Oh and enjoy your new telly :banana:

cheers mate. I was actually just after another 32 inch telly but saw this and couldnt resist

is it yirself thats building the room in your house at the moment with all the pictures on here?

Yep mate that's me doing all of the donkey work, missing muck, sweeping up and getting rid of pigeons. I'd love to think that I could have built that roof but I failed trigonometry.

You'll love the Panasonics mate, they're the best TV's on the market. If you need any help with the calibration please ask although it is very straightforward once you've got past the few first test screens.

Yep mate that's me doing all of the donkey work, missing muck, sweeping up and getting rid of pigeons. I'd love to think that I could have built that roof but I failed trigonometry.

You'll love the Panasonics mate, they're the best TV's on the market. If you need any help with the calibration please ask although it is very straightforward once you've got past the few first test screens.

I have still not been able to calibrate mine :( seems the settings values are very basic !

sound mate I'll give you a shout in 200 hours ish..

Do you have the correct settings mate?

Are you saying that the colour controls in your TV are very basic RS?

Back