Bargain DivX/Xvid/Mpeg 4/WMV and Dvd Player at Lidl only £19.99...........

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
Bargain DivX/Xvid/Mpeg 4/WMV and Dvd Player at Lidl only £19.99

Theres a targa dvd player at lidl. The offer starts 12th Nov. This dvd player sounds good, it plays alot of formats and also has a built in 7 in 2 memory card reader so you can view photos on your TV as well. It also plays mp3s, kodak pictures. Also has built in dolby 5.1 surround sound. Comes with remote and cables was £59.99 and is now £19.99. Gonna pick up 2 of these.

If your getting one then make sure you get there like 30 mins before opening because theres normally big queues, i've seen people go crazy when the shop opens. One time when it opened in the morning there was a stampede and some old guy got injured on the turn style thing. It was crazy, old people were running around with trolleys trying to get the bargains before they sold out.

More info in the link below.

http://www.targa.co.uk/cms/targa_2_646.php?produkt_id=324

n1 m8 will save on all that converting to vcd and dvd will look out for that

thank you m8 will get 1 of them

regards..............chris

nice find - i've had a divx player for sometime now ASDA 39.99 over a year ago. i'll be queing to get one of these cos i need a second one for the bedroom. save a fortune in dvdr's and a 1hr40min film on 1 cd.

Definetly getting a couple of these.............excellent+cheap Xmas pressies

..................Explains it all now!! PinkHelmets coming back over for the week! ROFL

............can't see any info on the LiDL's website (only shows 10.11.05) ..........is this a 'regional' offer ?

chrome

sweet m8 thanx i got mine from whsmith plays xvid like so need to convert to vcd/dvd eh but ill pick one of these up anyways for me nan & grandad for xmas :D

From a friend of mine, mentioned the offer to him:

Got one of these a while back works great u need to get an update patch for its bios as it can cause errors if switched on when a disk is not inserted or something like that. see here http://www.service.targa.co.uk/ u can also get an offical region free setter, this was so that they could be sold eleswhere.If i still have it will up it somewhere rapidshare etc if I find it
thx chrome might just get a couple myself at that price.

more info
"I think all LG players that do divx can do packed bitstream or can have the firmware updated to support itA nice new hacked verion on MTZ website today which lists the models it will work on.

Targa DP-5100x is a LP 8900P as sold by LG Australia. Both support .sub / .idx

You don't mention DVD-R (or +) Dual Layer support which I suspect is because its mainly unknown. The Targa and Pioneer 575/470 can read DL discs but for minus read the first 4.7gb only properly. For + the Pioneer can read both layers, the Targa can't.
The new Pioneer 585 (UK model) has been confirmed by Pioneer to fully support dual layer."

Product:

Targa DP-5100x DVD Player

firmware for the DVD-player for UK and Low Countries (Update).
This firmware version solves the following problems:

- The player does not react any longer, if directly after switching it on, the "Open/Close" button is pressed.

- While playing DIVX movies with subtitles, the umlauts are not displayed.

Attention:
This firmware version is only intended to be used in UK and Low Contries.

In order to install, unpack the file and follow the instructions provided in the Readme_en.txt.

Firmware_dp5100x_UK_BE.zip (1847.6 Kbyte 25.02.2005)

http://www.service.targa.co.uk/dokumente/F...5100x_UK_BE.zip

Targa DP-5100x DVD-Player manual (english)
Here you can download the manual.

DP-5100x_English.pdf (705.1 Kbyte 09.12.2004)
http://www.service.targa.co.uk/dokumente/D...00x_English.pdf

get all u need to make dp-5100x region free
http://rapidshare.de/files/7156721/targa.rar.html

nice one dogs, hope it aint raining on the morning of the 12th though

i bought a divx player from ebuyer for £30 a fortnight ago, i sorta wish i waited now...

nevermind!

bump!!!

just to remind peeps that this offer starts tomorrow! im getting there early in the q for this one!

got one of these last xmas a while back i paid £70 ive had no probs it plays everything

think its the same one..............

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20051112.p.DVD_Player

7 in 2 memory card reader enables digital pictures to be viewed on screen straight from your camera or PC’s memory card
Card reader for all common memory cards (CF, MD, SM, MMC, SD, MS, MS-Pro)
Plays DivX, MPEG 4, XviD, JPEG, Kodak Picture CD, MP3, Windows Media and much more
Supports Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Prologic
With in-built 5.1 Dolby-Digital-Sound-Decoder with Virtual Surround Sound for the perfect sound experience
Including test DVD for optimal sound adjustment
Optical and coaxial digital out
Connections: S-Video OUT, Video OUT, 5.1 Audio-OUT, 1 x Scart
Size: approx. 43 x 4.5 x 25cm
3 Year manufacturer’s warranty
Price per item
was £59.99
now 19.99

Thanks

Superb find, thanks alot.
Gonna get down there early to grab on of these.
No more converting :Cheers:

ill be on their doorstep for opening time...well ill try anyone know if theres a limit on how many per customer id like 4 lol.

no limits as far as i know! lidl never put a "3 per customer" limit on there offers. which sometimes i reckon they should! cos my mum always gets in early down there to get there offers but have seen people walking out with there trolleys full of the offer stuff which is greedy and unfair

FATBOY said:
no limits as far as i know! lidl never put a "3 per customer" limit on there offers. which sometimes i reckon they should! cos my mum always gets in early down there to get there offers but have seen people walking out with there trolleys full of the offer stuff which is greedy and unfair
agreed there should be a limit and i thought there would be but it probably explains how ive missed out before im guessing unscrupulous dealers get in early and resell the stuff.

well i was there for 8.20am didnt realise they opened earlier than that,2 pallets full were reduced to about 6-8 players,what the leaflet and website failed to mention was only one per customer and that on them 2 pallets there was only 5-10 silver players so im stuck with a black one,still at 19.99 with 3 yr warranty i cant complain,least now ive got something that matches my pace box lol.

Back