Barca vs Madrid

dilin1984

Banned
Reaction score
This time around "El Classico" will be something special with special one at Bernabau. Murinho is now in a similar situation when he arrived at chelsea except the draw in the first match. He got a 5 world class players in Ronaldo, Higuain, Cassilas, Xabi and Ramos, I'm sure that he will build a good squad with the other new young players[same he did at chelsea, there he build a good team with terry, makaleli, lampard, drogba]. But how many of you think Madrid can beat Barca ? I won't say it is impossible because Murinho is the only man who did it previously that too with two different clubs , and remember, he did it in when Barca was at the top of their game. So its possible with him. But how exactly it is possible, that is the question we got to wait till next may to find an answer for that. But i think this time also Pep and company will have the last laugh as this they got a better team than last year, with Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Adriano, Busquets, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Villa will be their main 1st eleven.

Waiting for the 1st phase of "El Classsico" in this December.

Keen follower of La Liga and Madrid supporter.

Watch both opening matches at the weekend last and gotta admit, Barca played the more flowing and convincing football.

Having said that Murinho has only been in charge a lot of weeks and Mallorca are never an easy team to goto.

Should make for one of the better "El Classico's"

Tactically Mourinho has the upper hand on Barcelona, of course this is possible by having quality players at your disposal to carry out the tactics.

I think Barcelona have rightly corrected their mistake of swapping Eto for Ibra, which I thought in first instance was madness (as it did prove). Villa is a great replacement and I think barca style of football is great for him. But im not so sure on quality of their wingers, we know their full backs can make up for them tho.

I have a feeling Mourinho will again top Barcelona, maybe not in first classico but 2nd for sure. He's gone about right way in adding to the Real squad, adding players that team may need not some dumbass president buying players cos they have a high profile.
Defense and wingers has been problem area for Real recently. He has now added Angel Di Maria to operate on left flank opposite Ronaldo, with Pedro Leon as backup.
In defense he's added Carvalho to bolster centre back positions, so now they have him in addition to Pepe and Albiol.
We know he loves the centre of midfield having players who can defend hard and put in good work shifts. He's added Khedira to the likes of Diarra and Gago.

He's created a squad to try to balance Real, so I really dont think Barcelona will be able to do a clean sweep of domestic silverware and certainly in Europe Real will be a major threat again.

Casillas

Marcelo Pepe Carvalho/Albiol Ramos

Di Maria/Pedro Diarra/Gago/Khedira Kaka/Ozil/Alonso Ronaldo

Higuain/Benzema/Canales​

This time around "El Classico" will be something special with special one at Bernabau. Murinho is now in a similar situation when he arrived at chelsea except the draw in the first match. He got a 5 world class players in Ronaldo, Higuain, Cassilas, Xabi and Ramos, I'm sure that he will build a good squad with the other new young players[same he did at chelsea, there he build a good team with terry, makaleli, lampard, drogba]. But how many of you think Madrid can beat Barca ? I won't say it is impossible because Murinho is the only man who did it previously that too with two different clubs , and remember, he did it in when Barca was at the top of their game. So its possible with him. But how exactly it is possible, that is the question we got to wait till next may to find an answer for that. But i think this time also Pep and company will have the last laugh as this they got a better team than last year, with Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Adriano, Busquets, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Villa will be their main 1st eleven.

Waiting for the 1st phase of "El Classsico" in this December.

2 posts and banned????? FFS must be a record!!!

love la liga almost as much as the premier league and cant wait for for 'el classico'

barca are a joy to watch, i was disapointed that real only drew their first game this season im keen to see if morinhos style will suit them.

As many I have taken a likening to La Liga. Especially since the arrivals of Ronaldo and now Monsieur Mourinho. Was very impressed by Mourinhos purchases this summer, he didnt go crazy.

And Barca made a brilliant signing in Villa, who is proven in La Liga. Looking forward to seeing how Mourinho tackles this challenge. As it will be difficult to achieve Reals goals and please the fans at the same time, especiallly with Mourinho being more of a tactician than flare manager.

Either way you look at it, it is nice to have both the EPL and La Liga poised for fantastic seasons.

if herculis can beat barca at the camp nou, then so can madrid. el classico will be exicting this year.

classico? more like crappico from real madrid, was so one sided it was unbelievable. Barcelona are the greatest team in the world by a long mile, when they started doing all the flick passing in 2nd half it was just wow. Their season ticket holders get best value for money.

gotta love the over-reaction after Messi got kicked by Ramos, it was a standard kick you always see when skilful players piss you off, if he had stamped on him or a two foot lunge on his knee then yea.

Barcelona outclass Real Madrid to go top of the table

Lionel Messi's superb display handed Real Madrid their first competitive defeat of the season and sent Barcelona top of the table after a 5-0 victory.

After Messi's chip hit the post, Xavi gave Barca the lead with a lob after the ball deflected into his path.

Barca were soon two goals ahead when Pedro poked in a David Villa cross.

Two Messi passes set up Villa for the third and fourth goals, with Jeffran's goal rubbing salt into Real's wounds, before Sergio Ramos was sent off.

The match was billed as much as a contest between the world's two greatest players - Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - as between these two fierce Spanish rivals.

But the Argentine's display was so staggeringly good that Real's Ronaldo was reduced to a bit part player in the Nou Camp.

Messi was the target of some cynical Real tactics, notably when he was on the receiving end of a Ricardo Carvalho elbow, but those two passes to Villa for his goals were the perfect riposte to the intimidation he had to endure.

Carvalho escaped punishment for that piece of skullduggery and the Real defender was also lucky not to be sent off for deliberate handball in the second half.

After Barca's fourth goal the Nou Camp were treated to an exhibition of football that must have bordered on the humiliating for their rivals as Pep Guardiola's side barely allowed Real to touch the ball, with Sergi Busquets almost scoring from the half-way line at one point.

Ramos's stoppage-time dismissal - for a scything tackle on Messi was the final ignominy for Real and coach Jose Mourinho, who suffered his heaviest defeat as a coach.

Not surprisingly it was Messi who was the first player to stamp his mark on the game.

After the Argentine won a corner Real were unable to clear the ball and from an acute angle the Barcelona forward clipped the post with the most of delicate of chips with Casillas well beaten.

If Casillas survived that scare there was to be no reprieve on 10 minutes for the Real goalkeeper.

Andres Iniesta motored his way towards the Real box before slipping a pass towards his midfielder partner Xavi. Marcelo almost cut out the ball but the pass was hit with such precision and force that it deflected off the Brazilian into the path of Xavi who cleverly lobbed Casillas.

Real's response was immediate with Ronaldo marauding his way down the right and then Angel Di Maria testing Barca keeper Victor Valdes with a rising shot.

Pulling Real out of position with a mixture of short and long passing and almost telepathic combinations, Barca extended their lead on 18 minutes.

Xavi was the architect this time, switching the ball from right to left with a raking, diagonal pass to Villa.

The Spain forward worked his way to the byeline and Casillas was unable to cut out Villa's cross, allowing Pedro a simple tap-in.

Amid all the drama there was pantomime as well when Ronaldo pushed Pep Guardiola on the touchline after the Barca coach throw the ball away rather than giving it directly to the Real striker.

Just past the half-hour a trademark Ronaldo free-kick rocketed through a splintering Barca wall but also past the post.

Real coach Mourinho attempted to bolster his side's midfield for the second half by bringing on Lassana Diarra for Mesut Ozil.

But Messi was seemingly impervious to anything Real tried to do to stop him as he went on a dazzling run that resulted in Villa having a shot on goal.

Moments later a sublime Messi pass released Xavi, who was only able to find the side netting.

But a third piece of Messi magic in that devastating Barca blitz at the start of the second half set up Villa's first goal.

The Argentine threaded the ball into the path of Villa, who turned quickly to fire a shot past Casillas.

You could have forgiven Messi for taking a breather but moments later he was at it again, dropping his shoulder to go past two Real defenders before picking out Villa, who expertly guided the ball past Casillas with the outside of his right foot.

In stoppage time Bojan's cross was converted by Jeffren before Ramos's dismissal.

The win ensured Barcelona leapfrogged their rivals at the top of the table as the Catalan side went two points clear.

Since succeeding Frank Rijkaard as Barcelona coach, Guardiola has now won all five El Clasico encounters, though for his Real counterpart Mourinho it was a humbling return to the club where he once worked as a translator.

Madrid got well and truly humped with a top class barca team,it was a joy to watch,when barca play like that no-one could beat them,well maybe only the mighty Gers if Kyle Lafferty could just stay fit.:)

Messi is the best player in world football hands down, he's a magician on that pitch how he can create a goal out of absolutely nothing most of the time. Gutted I missed this, had plans to watch it too but forgot all about it. Balls!! 5 nil as well, my own fault.

was this the game Colin was planning to go to and they moved it?

did the establishment move it.

lol oh the paranoia,

carlsberg dent do paranoia but if they did then Wee lemmon would drink em dry lol.

some result for barca n messi hands down is head n shoulders above any other player out atm.

Back