Banned from Xbins ???

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just decided to get myself ready to do my 1st flash and I seem to be banned from Xbins...lol, hows is that as I have never used it before, or am I doing something daft.

After a lot of reading I have found out the drive is a Sammy M25 which apparently is one of the easier ones to flash....but I am a master of fekkin things up so be prepared for my help questions...lol

was ok yeterday downloaded a few things, just been on today and it said i was banned and i should have followed the rules !

didn't know there were any rules, does anyone know what they are ?

it could be helpful to know in the future

was ok yeterday downloaded a few things, just been on today and it said i was banned and i should have followed the rules !

didn't know there were any rules, does anyone know what they are ?

it could be helpful to know in the future

if you are banned does any one know how to get unbanned ?
that would be very helpful for me !

Reading on their forums it says that xbins is down so probably a mistake.

its been playing up all week, got on yeterday and downloaded quite alot !
at the end of download message came up " you were told not to be too greedy" !

may be thats one of the rules, not to download too much.

If you need anything jaffa give me a shout and i will send it your way m8.

If you need anything jaffa give me a shout and i will send it your way m8.

Thx Dave m8, its appreciated...tbh I need everything but not sure what, just reading the textbook guide and grabbing what I can from where I can find it. So far I have firmtool v1.2 lol

The more I read the more I don't think I should try this but I am hoping its easier than it is on paper.

I find iprep`s good at the job,mind you i did have to buy a via sata card.
Thx Dave m8, its appreciated...tbh I need everything but not sure what, just reading the textbook guide and grabbing what I can from where I can find it. So far I have firmtool v1.2 lol

The more I read the more I don't think I should try this but I am hoping its easier than it is on paper.

your good to go then,as you know there is plenty of members on here who will gladly help.
I have a via sata card which was kindly given to me by Smirnoff_rules.

I will gear up and maybe attack it tomorrow.....:proud:

Xbins is still not allowing me to get files. I have got the following.

firmtool v1.2
Iprep 101 v.0.6.2 beta (is beta o.k ??)
Samsung Ixtreme 1.4
Via raid drivers

Can anyone let me know if I have missed anything.

Also it says in textbook tutorial. Could anyone recommend a speed to use ??

You now have a choice between different read speed firmwares. There are four available options. There is a firmware that reads backups at 2x speed, 5x speed, 8x speed, and 12x speed. There is no "right" choice, it is purely up to preference. 12x is the normal read speed of the drive. Higher speeds are louder, and may have trouble reading backups if you have a poor quality laser, burner, or media. Lower speeds are much quieter, and may read better, but you will have slower load times. When I loaded the firmware, it asked me in this order: 8x, 5x, 2x, 12x.

Sorry for all the dumb questions but I just want to be sure.

the newest iprep is 01-007.1,but you should be ok with the one you have,i always do mine at 8x speed,i think they are normally at 12x when unflashed.Just follow the textbook tutorial m8.

the newest iprep is 01-007.1,but you should be ok with the one you have,i always do mine at 8x speed,i think they are normally at 12x when unflashed.Just follow the textbook tutorial m8.

Thx again Dave...just needed some reassurance. :Clap:

a bit scary when you do your 1st one,but as long as you make sure you have got your drive key when you dump your firmware then your pretty much safe.
Thx again Dave...just needed some reassurance. :Clap:

a bit scary when you do your 1st one,but as long as you make sure you have got your drive key when you dump your firmware then your pretty much safe.

I can't believe it has took me so long to convince my son to let me do it, he plays online a lot and doesnt want banned but his legit fifa keeps saying clean disk with cloth and no matter what he tries it doesnt work so that was what helped as he refuses to buy another fifa. I have to get it done before new fifa comes out...lol.

I will let you know how it goes.

Flashing went well I think...eventually. It wasnt finding drive but I read about via card and changed connector and 3rd time lucky. :banana:

Only disc I tried was a crappy make which I never had much success with anyway, it came up unreadable so I will get a few Verbs just to check.

Everything backed up in 3 different places...lol.

Thanks for your help dave...:Clap:

pleased for you jaffa,well done:Clap::Clap:
Flashing went well I think...eventually. It wasnt finding drive but I read about via card and changed connector and 3rd time lucky. :banana:

Only disc I tried was a crappy make which I never had much success with anyway, it came up unreadable so I will get a few Verbs just to check.

Everything backed up in 3 different places...lol.

Thanks for your help dave...:Clap:

Back