Ban for life faces india’s Harbhajan

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
The bad boy of Indian cricket Harbhajan Singh has been further banned by the Indian board for five one-day international games for slapping Sreesanth during an Indian Premier League match last month and face a life ban for any more violations of the players’ disciplinary code.

The ban means Harbhajan will miss India's forthcoming tri-series in Bangladesh and the start of the Asia Cup in Pakistan.

Harbhajan also stands banned from the crowd-pulling Indian Premier League (IPL) in addition to 11 matches in the IPL as earlier decided by the league.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has also warned Harbhajan that he would be banned for life for any breach of discipline.

The BCCI has not forgotten Sreesanth and has also sent him a letter ordering him to improve his conduct during cricket matches.

“If you do not improve your behaviour, the board would be constrained to take an appropriate decision," BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah has conveyed to Sreesanth.

A committee, comprising President Sharad Pawar, president-elect Shashank Manohar and vice-president Chirayu Amin decided to impose the five one-day international ban of Harbhajan after meeting him in Mumbai.

The committee invoked Rule 3.2.1 of the BCCI regulations and handed out the maximum punishment under it. "Under this provision, the maximum punishment that can be meted out to a player is 'a ban up to a maximum of 5 ODIs and or three Test matches'," a release from the board said.

"The committee accordingly decided to ban Harbhajan Singh for five one-day internationals, starting today (14th May 2008), and further observed that any further instance of misconduct will invoke a life-ban”, the release added.

Sudhir Nanavati, the board's investigating commissioner who submitted a 14-page report on the incident, was also present at the meeting. Nanavati concluded his investigation into the row on May 12 and submitted his findings to the board.

Harbhajan was banned for three Tests earlier this year after being found guilty of making racist remarks against Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds, but was let off with a fine following an appeal to the International Cricket Council.

Source: http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections/frmNewsDetailView.aspx?ARTID=14838

Should be banned for a lot longer, he's been in enough trouble recently...

lol what i find funny is sreesanth was crying cos he was slapped...i wonder what sort of slap it was

O yea and what happened to Shaoib Akhtar being banned from playing in IPL too? guess money talks as usual in india

So, is this guy like the Vinnie Jones of the Indian cricket leagues?

harbhajan's got a serious attitude problem, he thinks he's above the law!! ban atlast, took time!!

lol, Harbajhan is just a little pussy in my opinion. Half decent spinner with a rod up his arse. I wouldve congratulated him for slapping Sreesanth, he's the only guy in the team who is a bigger twat than Harbajhan.

how about congratulating harbhajan and then slappin him? 2 twats slapped and everyone happy :proud:

harbhajan's got a serious attitude problem, he thinks he's above the law!! ban atlast, took time!!

its funny isnt it that The Australians donot think they above the law and the attitude problem thay have and don't even get me started on sledging.......................................

its funny isnt it that The Australians donot think they above the law and the attitude problem thay have and don't even get me started on sledging.......................................

....er,:err: that's quite correct. Australians do not think they are above the law. You are quite correct. I can think of at least two other cricketing countries though who do think they are above the law.

guys like harbhajan and shoaib can be annoying wen they do all this stuff but u gtta admit they get the crowd going wen theyr in the flow, wud b a shame to see them keep doing stupid stuff and get banned out the game for life.

wt a performance by shoaib tho in his first game bak shows wat he can do wen hez not injured/hitting a team mate/doping

:roflmao:

actually the whole tounament has been very good and i have enjoyed it pretty much! Wish the English lads were there too!

I think next year Pietersen will be there

I think the tournament has been absolutely fantastic and some dream combination of players. Think it will only get bigger and bigger. Just wish players didnt have to go back especially some of the aussies as they made a big impact as expected.

Think it will be great to see the English lads up there next year as it'l provide some much needed finance and also give them much needed 20/20 experience.

Glad its on also because with the football season coming to an end, at least we'll still have some decent sporting action to watch for another fortnight or so.

guys like harbhajan and shoaib can be annoying wen they do all this stuff but u gtta admit they get the crowd going wen theyr in the flow, wud b a shame to see them keep doing stupid stuff and get banned out the game for life.

wt a performance by shoaib tho in his first game bak shows wat he can do wen hez not injured/hitting a team mate/doping

I also wish better players such as Shoaib would concentrate on their game, and let their talent do the talking. Am glad the IPL saw sense and let him in as you can see from the crowds reaction everyone was excited to have him there and yes a very good first performance. If he gets he's fitness back to where it used to be no doubt he will be close to the bowler he once was.

Back