bad flash has screwed my box up

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone please help me, just got a brand new dreambox, i think its Enigma image on it, i managed to flas image DIORJ 0.6, but today i thought i might try the new neutrino image , i flashed the box, now it stops at the DA VODKA image screen, can i get it back up and running and how as i now cant find out the IP address. Thanks

Afraid not m8,it has to be done via the serial port if your box has recieved a bad flash,besides you dont know your ip address ,with serial you can select the com port.

Im afraid theres no other way m8y,sorry.

Slimbo :D

You'll get them on ebay. Search for null modem cable and usb to serial adapter. ;)

Maplin also do them.

I was suggesting that he use the USB -> Serial cable and the null modem cable - forgot to mention the null cable.
Devilfish also answered at the same time as me.....

Cheers chaps, managed to order one from maplins for £10 .
will pick it up later and try again.
Is there no way i can use my ethernet crossover cable as i did when i first connected it up, only i seem to pick up the IP add

You can try,but you might find when you try to re flash it that it locks up with the ethernet lead method,if thats the case you will need to use the method outlined above.

You can try,but you might find when you try to re flash it that it locks up with the ethernet lead method,if thats the case you will need to use the method outlined above.

I got the cable and managed to flash the original image onto my box, then i flashed the diorj image onto it, now the problem i have is the transponder freezes during the channel scan , i have tried loads of times to scan for chanels but the box keeps freezing during the search,
can anyone help me. ?

Try the DW 1.6 image it has support for the new tuners which yours may have if you've just got it

I got the cable and managed to flash the original image onto my box, then i flashed the diorj image onto it, now the problem i have is the transponder freezes during the channel scan , i have tried loads of times to scan for chanels but the box keeps freezing during the search,
can anyone help me. ?
Have you checked the tuner drivers, may need to be changed, some boxes have been supplied with old tuners in them, that could be why it's freezing on scan.

after while and numerous flashes i managed to get the ne nuetrino dreamplus 0.9, on and working, now the problem i have is i deleted the services and ubuquets, ran d2d programme on my dbox saved bouquets and copiied them into the same folder but it has not worked properly, all the folders are showing in the buquets but no programmes are in any of the folders, ive lost all the channels.
i tried using bouquet wizard but that made things worse.
anyone have an idiots guide for me to convert my d-box bouquets and where do i copy the files into ( which directory ) on my db ?
many thanks to those who helped me so far.

When you convert using d2d you get a services file and a ubouquets file. These go in /var/tuxbox/config/neutrino/zapit. After you copy them across, go to service menu and select 'Reload Channels'.

You can also use the bouquet editer within the service menu to setup the bouquets on your own. Most of the time, this is quicker than searching for files and trying to get them onto your box

Back