Backups work, Originals Don't?

gizmoworld

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mmmm done 2 wiis a few days ago with argon chips on 1.8fw using the 13 wire miss a pin install and didnt use the region free 4 wires. Both wiis were on on fw 3.1E the first wii works perfect and plays originals and backups and is still on 3.1E, The second wii I updated it to 3.2E AFTER the argon was installed and it doesnt play originals but plays copys?

So was it because i updated the wii to 3.2E after i had installed argon?

Are you supposed to update your wii to 3.2E before installing argon chip? Im totally puzzled? Ive read a few threads and some people has had the same problem but nobody has a definate answer, some say reprogram the argon chip again, others recommend using the extra 4 wires and others say disconnect the 4 wires lol.

Anyone got any ideas? Appreciated as always. Gizzy!

SO IM NOT ASKING YOU TO CHIP MY SONS WII THEN LOL

nah on a serious note m8 ask one of the console mods

the problem of playing backups and not originals was an issue with argon firmware 1.3

the wii updates shouldnt affect it.

as the argon is already fitted and u will have run the ribbon cable outside case for reprogramming :)
it`ll take u 2 mins to confirm the argon is on 1.8 by reprogramming it

regards
jase

Well I think the argons are definetly on 1.8fw as they were from the main man mr Highlander lol and he verified that they were, (Oh and thanks again Highlander top class argons and delivery was next day!) But I suppose it can do no harm to reprogramme one of them with my programmer (thanks to Jase another top class product with next day delivery also lol) Well when i get the time i will reprogramme it and post if it solved the issue. Thanx again all much appreciated and hopefully it will work!!

yes m8, with the spi chip on board, they are deffo 1.8 f/w.

like you said, no harm in re-programming the chip. and as it fitted, you will need to power on the wii, to allow it to be re-programmed.

also, thanks for the nice comments on the argons and delivery.

which reminds me, i need to order more, as i have only 2 left.

Back