backup service/bouquets

Universal Soldier

DW Member +
Reaction score
hi all was woundering if i wud still need to backup service/bouquets if i havent changed anythink on my box yet channels in order(virgin) etc the only think ive done is put the AU fix on, i only ask as im gonna put dw 2.1 on and wanted to no if needs backup as i have nothin to lose.

thanks u.s

if all you have done is scan and left it as it is witch would be alphabetical order,then all you would need to do is scan again

but to save time as a scan can take 10/15 minutes

do as I advised in the 2.1 thread

Before installing remember to take a backup of your service file from DW Blue Button menu
Blue
User features
servicesbackup

Its always a good idea to do a full back up and a service backup before changing images, that way you alway can go back, if you have problems.

PS what provider are you, I'm looking for a ex cw file with the channels in VM order?

if all you have done is scan and left it as it is witch would be alphabetical order,then all you would need to do is scan again

but to save time as a scan can take 10/15 minutes

do as I advised in the 2.1 thread

Before installing remember to take a backup of your service file from DW Blue Button menu
Blue
User features
servicesbackup

cheers rat will make a backup to b on the safe side.

Its always a good idea to do a full back up and a service backup before changing images, that way you alway can go back, if you have problems.

PS what provider are you, I'm looking for a ex cw file with the channels in VM order?

VM b'ham area mate

Any chance that you can upload your service/bouquets file, tried to arrange mine in VM order but have a problem with the movie channels get one working and another goes off lol

there not in order at the moment mate im goin to put on dw 2.1 then ill put it in vm order but will upload when finished.

Am probably missing something here , but if I use the blue
button to back up my services from DW 2.0 and
install DW 2.1 ,
will my backup not be overwritten ?????

Am probably missing something here , but if I use the blue
button to back up my services from DW 2.0 and
install DW 2.1 ,
will my backup not be overwritten ?????

You need to backup your services then ftp to ya box and download the services.tar.gz file from /tmp (its created when you backup your services). Once you have flashed DW2.1 back on then upload the services.tar.gz back to the /tmp folder and use the blue button to restore them :)

q2

You need to backup your services then ftp to ya box and download the services.tar.gz file from /tmp (its created when you backup your services). Once you have flashed DW2.1 back on then upload the services.tar.gz back to the /tmp folder and use the blue button to restore them :)

q2

Thanx , that makes it much clearer

q2

Thanks for the info, I can restore that file to another dreambox in the same area to save having to setup boquets again ?

Yes you can

But it seems a more complex way rather than just using DCC

No there is a program in the downloads called Dreambox Control Center, it sets most of the network settings out for you has its own FRP client, Flashes Images, backs up full images or any part there of all very simply

Back