Backup of HD advance disk

littlestanjunior

Inactive User
Reaction score
can I make backups of this and use it in a non chipped box?

Not to sell or anything, just to use as a genuine backup

ta

you cannot copy the hd advance disc it has special grooves and is made factory pressed the pack usually comes with two discs a cd and dvd use the cd to play access the hd and keep the dvd as a back up/to put games onto the hd

Like the others said you cannot back-up an original disk like that......the reader on the ps2 reads the boot code that is pressed into the centre hub of the disc....normal puter readers don't read that far in,hence the need for a boot disc or a chip....

Hmmm what about this memory card exploit???

can I make backups of this and use it in a non chipped box?

Not to sell or anything, just to use as a genuine backup

ta

No m8 hd advance and swap magic for that matter are both burnt in bad sector form to which there are currently no burners currently available to the public as yet that burn in this format.

If you have already a modded ps2 or ps2 with HD, you can make a memorycard exploit, to do this you will need an original psone game to start the exploit. Further you can download HDadvance and put this on memorycard or just one usb stick to load.

I have downloaded the hd advance disc and burnt it but you need a swap magic disc to boot it - kinda defeats the object really but ok if you have swap magic anyhow for a spare

What I meant is the hdadvance.elf file.
This you do not need to burn, but can load it directly from your memcard or usb if you are in hold of an exploit.
Google for ps2 exploit, you would not need any swapdisc anymore.

Back