iPhone Backing up iphone

yorkie1

Member ++
Reaction score
Hres the problem i have 2 iphone's

1 a 1st gen which is jail brokern
2nd a 3g which is untouched
what i want to do is back both of them up so i can jailbreak them both but restore them with all there msic and covers after the install of thenew firmware is it possible to back them both up completley seperate as they both have differnet stuff on

and if so how

cheers for any help yorkie1

i dunno m8, when i was upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.0 i backed up first and it would not let me restore the backup of contacts, music etc after the flash. it would only let me sync.

but i have had a m8 comment on what a nice feature this is as it worked for him, strange i know.

but if the back up works i would be pretty sure you would be able to back up more than one as the phones will be noticed by serial number or whatever it uses to tell difference between phones.

iPwnge makes a backup too, but not sure if it includes all of your music etc.

You could SSH (Secure FTP) it all onto your desktop.

i think it asked me to back up before i updated the firmware. something before the update would you like to backup contactc, music etc.

but like i said previously it did not restore for me but my m8 said it did for him and what a nice feature.

just noticed how to do it.

when u connct your device and it shows up in lefthand side panel, right-click on your device then in the contex menu it gives you the options to back or restore.

Back