Back up`s black screen ?

diduspillmypint

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi im sometimes getting black screens with some games ie wiiplay im using the wiikey mod chip the dash on the wii shows the icon of wii play but soon as i click on it to load all i get is a black screen then it freezes i have to pull out the power lead.
Im using verb -r burned @ 4x with nero do you think its an image problem or a wiikey problem? ive had a few games like this they extract ok n burn ok but get repeated black screens.Cheers : shocked2

Hi im sometimes getting black screens with some games ie wiiplay im using the wiikey mod chip the dash on the wii shows the icon of wii play but soon as i click on it to load all i get is a black screen then it freezes i have to pull out the power lead.
Im using verb -r burned @ 4x with nero do you think its an image problem or a wiikey problem? ive had a few games like this they extract ok n burn ok but get repeated black screens.Cheers : shocked2

Some of the NTSC games do not work in a PAL Wii. Most of these games will give you the icon, but on loading will give you a black screen

Check on this list before burning the game

h**p://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Free_Patcher_Compatibility_List

good site that, kind of confuses me more with a problem i have though

last night i 'backed up' tiger woods pga tour 07 NTSC, it all went fine and burned fine, yet it comes up as not recognising the disc. im using wiifree 2.26, do i need to update the chip for it to work?

tia

The ntsc version of tiger woods works on a pal system using a wiikey. don't know about a wiifree

ok i just updated the chip to the latest version and still nothing, must be a bad backup :(

Hi guys

How do you load the latest firm awre and where do you get it from

Regards

Gary

Hi guys

How do you load the latest firm awre and where do you get it from

Regards

Gary

if you mean the firmware for the wii console go into the wii system menu find the wii system update tab click it to update.

then check in the wii menu at the top to see if it says 2.2E.

if you mean the frim ware for your chip i believe you need a pic programer and i think the firmware is on here somewere. if not try downloading it. a search in google should do it.

hope that helps

good site that, kind of confuses me more with a problem i have though

last night i 'backed up' tiger woods pga tour 07 NTSC, it all went fine and burned fine, yet it comes up as not recognising the disc. im using wiifree 2.26, do i need to update the chip for it to work?

tia

mine works on 2.45 and wiikey

yep ta earwig

the trouble i had must have been a corrupt backup ;) as a 2nd attempt at backing up sorted it out

Back