back fookered

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
had this prob for some time,been for an xray and they said they cant see anything wrong,they then sent me to see some woman,forgot what she was.muskoskelatar advisor or someone like that lol,she diagnosed me with chronicback pain,could of done that myself,now all i get of the doc now is painkillers which i dont like taking unless really needed,any advice guys appreciated

i would suggest see a sports massage therapist, and also do exercises and stretching. If you keep taking painkillers you will have to take stronger and stronger ones and eventually they won't do you any good at all.

You can also try meditation, or reiki, and there are a number of aromatherapy oil blends that i can recommend for you to try.

trouble is seeing a sports therapist costs money which i havent got at the moment with not working,apart from that the rest of my body is quite toned as i am naturally slim and do weights now and again but not any that can aggravate my back,it seems sometimes like the discs pinch the nerve but cant workout why as sometimes i dont have to be doing anything for it to happen

Ok, well if you want i can send you reiki, see if that helps. there are also some meditation cds in the meditation thread in this section, try downloading the chakra meditation, it is nice and relaxing. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/237245/ if the cd link is gone out of date let me know and i'll reupload it :)

If you want to try the aromatherapy, try a blend of marjoram, lavender and ginger essential oils, 2 drops of each in 10 ml of carrier oil, rub a small amount into your lower back, or get your partner to do it for you.

There is a thread on lower back injuries here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/236307/

Do you do any stretching at all, it's very important for keeping your muscles supple. Try lying on your back on the floor, bending your knees, hands joined under the knees, lift the knees towards your chest and head towards the chest and gently roll on your back. Also try lying flat on your back and gently stretching your arms above your head. If this hurts try it with your knees bent. Always do stretches gently and never overextend yourself.

For back exercises you can try some of these, there are plenty on the net: Your Orthopaedic Connection: Low Back Pain Exercise Guide

Back pain exercises for the spine on video free provided by Back.com

I would also recommend the plank, as it strengthens your core muscles.

Last edited by a moderator:
go on then send us some reiki i may need it :proud:,
thanks for the info and the links,i sometimes look but then get sidetracked

whats the plank,is it something scaffolders use :proud:

ok i'll send you reiki now. :)

The plank is an exercise to strengthen your core muscles: lie face down on the floor, raise your upper body on your forearms, then lift your lower body off the floor until all your weight is balanced on your forearms and your toes, with your head either level with your body or dropped nearer to the floor. Hold that position for as long as you can. Don't worry if you start to shake, it's perfectly normal! If you feel it strains your back, don't do it.

thanks for all the info and the reiki,much appreciated

time to put it all into practise .:Clap:

Eva the plank puts a bit of strain on, he'll need to watch exercise on it just now. Nothing too strenous.

My mum swears by the chiropractor, the one she attends did a special offer on her first visit, and he hit the nail on the head with where the pain was coming from. :)

I've never been a fan of chiropractors, much prefer an osteopath myself, but they are also quite expensive, would probably cost more than sports massage would.

I did say, if he feels strain from trying the plank, not to do it :) He hasn't actually given a clinical diagnosis for his back, so it's a question of trying a few different things to see what works for him as an individual and what doesnt.

Swimming is good for helping with the symptoms of back pain, but any strokes that encourage the twisting of the head or upper body should be avoided. The technical element involved with the butterfly stroke is especially important to consider in those with a back complaint. :)

had this prob for some time,been for an xray and they said they cant see anything wrong,they then sent me to see some woman,forgot what she was.muskoskelatar advisor or someone like that lol,she diagnosed me with chronicback pain,could of done that myself,now all i get of the doc now is painkillers which i dont like taking unless really needed,any advice guys appreciated

I've had back problems for years. I started doing Pilate's about a year ago and it has improved and strengthened my back muscles greatly. The exercises are low impact but very effective and they also include the plank exercises, which EVASTAR mentioned. Give it a try you'll be surprised how effective they exercises are and you'll notice more flexibility in your back resulting in a great deal of flexibility and reduction in pain and no need for painkillers. You'll have to stick to it though to get the benefits.

I've had back problems for years. I started doing Pilate's about a year ago and it has improved and strengthened my back muscles greatly. The exercises are low impact but very effective and they also include the plank exercises, which EVASTAR mentioned. Give it a try you'll be surprised how effective they exercises are and you'll notice more flexibility in your back resulting in a great deal of flexibility and reduction in pain and no need for painkillers. You'll have to stick to it though to get the benefits.

Well maybe WITH pilates it may help, but i've had a bad back over the years and i'm afraid that my gym instructor suggested to not do it as it aggrivated the problem. Swimming helped immensly but depends on what is causing the pain. :)

I suppose it also depends on your upper body strength as well and any exercise for a bad back should begin gently.

Last edited:
Bro, sorry if I missed it but were abouts is your back pain, upper, middle, lower or all over ? As the others have mentioned strengthing back muscles is definately a key step. Look at yoga and pilaties, check your local church, community halls, etc. There are quite often classes for a few quid. And there are LOTS of web sites with exercise suggestions, just good it.

Two other items I would also mention,

- Posture. Tied in with muscle strengthing if sit for long periods at work for example then consider how you sit. Have a look at your chair, its position, how high your desk is, etc. Again google is and have a work with your boss/hr department. If you work for somewhere big, you should be able to get an assesment done else you will have to do it yourself. Again Google is your friend here.

- Weight. Tied into the above two, I dropped a some weigt over last 12 months and notice a difference in my back pain. Of course I worked my back muscles in losing in losing the weight but I am sure both had an effect.

That's him fucked then.

Is there such a thing as EVIL REIKI?

Coz I think you sent it to me.

;)

lol no, there isn't any 'evil reiki' but sometimes if you need a lot of negative energy cleared from your chakras it can result in you feeling worse for a while before you feel better. :)

Well maybe WITH pilates it may help, but i've had a bad back over the years and i'm afraid that my gym instructor suggested to not do it as it aggrivated the problem. Swimming helped immensly but depends on what is causing the pain. :)

I suppose it also depends on your upper body strength as well and any exercise for a bad back should begin gently.

Bro, sorry if I missed it but were abouts is your back pain, upper, middle, lower or all over ? As the others have mentioned strengthing back muscles is definately a key step. Look at yoga and pilaties, check your local church, community halls, etc. There are quite often classes for a few quid. And there are LOTS of web sites with exercise suggestions, just good it.

Two other items I would also mention,

- Posture. Tied in with muscle strengthing if sit for long periods at work for example then consider how you sit. Have a look at your chair, its position, how high your desk is, etc. Again google is and have a work with your boss/hr department. If you work for somewhere big, you should be able to get an assesment done else you will have to do it yourself. Again Google is your friend here.

- Weight. Tied into the above two, I dropped a some weigt over last 12 months and notice a difference in my back pain. Of course I worked my back muscles in losing in losing the weight but I am sure both had an effect.
@Audball upper body strenth is fine
@oneman the pain is in the lower back and i have a slim build :proud:

I think a pilates or yoga class would be a great idea, you will probably find one in your local community centre or gym. :)

....but i've had a bad back over the years and i'm afraid that my gym instructor suggested to not do it as it aggrivated the problem.....

When he said not to do the plank he was talking about stu :proud:

Back