Back Door in new NTL frimware

Console Master

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone else subscribe to the theory that the new NTL ambit firmware has a back door in it ? when the modem powers up it reports back any changes to NTL. they can then get in and inspect the modem no matter what changes there are
how else could they be hitting clones so accurately ?? : shocked2

conspiricy theory eh :D next we you will have us beliving NTL are aliens :D :Cheers: on that note tho they might well be? after all look at the Customer Care they can bearly understand whats being said/slow? lol :flame:

i was being funny like i was trying to have a joke :S i dunno how m8 i think there checking the modems serial number to its mac like and if they dont match :flame:

but to a lot of people it aint funny
it aint a joke
not at all
the thread started with a serious comment not an excuse for humor

Console Madter dont talk to me like im a **** ok m8? i really am getitng sick of it sorry i have a sense of humor shall i go to the doctors and ask them to remove it? i was trying to lighten things up a bit...

b3nnyb0y said:
Console Madter dont talk to me like im a **** ok m8? i really am getitng sick of it sorry i have a sense of humor shall i go to the doctors and ask them to remove it? i was trying to lighten things up a bit...
well said b3nnyb0y ambits r dead in the water in my view and motorola surfboads r the way 2 go?

this is interesting got this on a forum thank him not me try it

3348 means the image has been updated, and seen as this is image 2 which we dont normaly touch this must be how theyre forcing the update through image 2 if your still up and running go into image 2 and enter the no update commands

cd non-vol\snmp
max_dload_tries 0
write
cd \
reset

pretty sure on power up there is an option to select which boot image u want to boot from 1 or 2

Cheers

modem still gets clobbered a few minutes afetr going on line :eek:
latest "conspiracy theory" there is more than one version of the new firmware for clones. some without the NTL logo an they do different things so there is no single fix
ambits are dead for cloning i think

Console Master said:
modem still gets clobbered a few minutes afetr going on line :eek:
latest "conspiracy theory" there is more than one version of the new firmware for clones. some without the NTL logo an they do different things so there is no single fix
ambits are dead for cloning i think

the only way the will die is if nt* decide to let them work with only the new firmware

yeah i would say so? was good while it lasted! im goin 2 buy a moto surf which model would u guys sugest?

Back