back again...i will do a drive i'm telling you

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sup guys.

Well me mate wants me to do his hitachi and i've read the instructions and stuff and they seem quite clear..now as you all remember i tried to do the sammy but ran into problems, mainly as i think that i had the wrong chipset for the sata cable and also the way my pc was configured for the RAID array that i had set up....any wayyyyy....

Me mates got a hitachi and i fancy giving it a go, i'm just not sure about 2 things

A. shall i use the 2 wire trick to put it into mode B or should i use the disk that you can download ?

B. i don't see any one loading new downloaded firmware into 360fwtoolbox_30.rar..

Sory to be a pain guys......

( thanks to ViolentJ for doing mine, worked sweet ever since )

what hitachi drive is it . ie: 78k , DO NOT use the 2 wire trick to put into b mode to much of a risk

hey man.....don't know yet..

Ok so i'm gonna grab the slax dvd me thinks and do it that way.....any thing to watch out for ?

Need to know the drive fw when you crack it open, as there is way to flash the 78k with fW toolbox and gary opa 2.3 rev 2 for the other drives

thanks mate...will report back once i have it !

ok so i'm reading the tut on how to do the hitachi and i've downloaded and burnt slax... i boot my p.c and get to the login prompt.....i'm lost what i do from here.....i thought once the 360 was connected to my pc i cud access the drive and then use 360fwtoolbox_30.rar to do the bizzz....

It could be the stella i'm downing like....but i tried it, booted into linux and then what do i do ?

Thanks ( the drinker )

what you do is tell us what hitachi drive it is mate! otherwise we are unable to help you.

hey all, thanks for your help.

Ok managed to get into Mode B using the slax cd and when i go to do the 1st part of the instructions

1. Open 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0
2. Tools > Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only)
3. Choose your DVD drive from the drop-down list (there should only be one)
4. Click the button labeled "RAW Dump Firmware As ..."

i try this and it tells me that i need to insert a game dvd and wait 20 seconds but the drive keeps spitting the disc back out

any one ?

Thanks

hey all, thanks for your help.

Ok managed to get into Mode B using the slax cd and when i go to do the 1st part of the instructions

1. Open 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0
2. Tools > Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only)
3. Choose your DVD drive from the drop-down list (there should only be one)
4. Click the button labeled "RAW Dump Firmware As ..."

i try this and it tells me that i need to insert a game dvd and wait 20 seconds but the drive keeps spitting the disc back out

any one ?

Thanks

To get the disc tray to stay in press the eject button 3x instead of 2x

Thanks to all ( thank ViolentJ )

Managed to do my 1st 360 ....woooOOooot

Cheers all

Thanks mate

I could not of done it with out the help of everyone here !

hip hip horaiiii......

: multi :

Back