Avro energy.

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching to them. Has anyone had any dealings with them? have you had any good/bad experiences with them.

I'm with them. They seem okay. I've no good or bad feedback really.. They just get on with it and seem pretty cheap

I'm with them for dual fuel for 2nd consecutive year. Had a slight increase but the monthly MSE price check says I'm still on the cheapest available for my usage. Don't want a smart meter so leaving readings on line each month is no big deal.

Do they give you plenty of notice of how much cash needs to be in the Bank before withdrawal date? I usually pay quarterly and get 14 days notice, but with monthly I take it you get less time. @Oggiman, @gazupnorth.

Its monthly payment by direct debit.
Fixed cost per month is based on your annual use estimated cost. Monthly statement available from web account. Usually the account builds up credit over warmer months as you use less gas and electricity then credit dwindles to next to nothing over the winter.
You get email reminder about 4 days before meter read is due. Dont worry if you forget, they estimate quite accurately.

I have been with them for the last 4 years and have just renewed again as they are the cheapest supplier for me for dual fuel.
I once didn't renew in time and was being charged more on the new rate than the one they had said I could renew on. I rang them and said I had meant to renew but had somehow forgotten to renew it in time and they put me onto the cheaper tariff and backdated it for me.

The only other time I needed to contact them was at the end of last year when I had made a mistake entering a reading for the gas and rang them to correct it but the office closed earlier than usual due to the covid pandemic so I had to email them, they replied the following day and corrected it then asked if I needed anything else. As I had built up a large balance, in credit, I asked if they would refund me around £200, which they agreed to do and it was in my account about 5 days later.

I pay by monthly direct debit but I don't think that they send me any notification about when it is coming out, I just get the email asking me to submit a meter reading within the next three days at this time of the month.

I have been with them in the past and had no problems.

Aye, they are no bother, very similar experiences to @Oggiman and @Sandra51 (having to ring them) my fixed deal expires in June and ATM they are the best price wise.

Back