avia 500 / avia 600

slippy999

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive seen that there is two types of nokia boxes the avia 500 & the avia 600, could someone tell me the difference between these two chip sets & which one is the best. many thanx

Avia 500/600 are the graphics driver chips. The older dboxs have avia 500 chips and the newer ones have avia 600 chips. Most people say that you can't tell the difference between the two. You may argue that the avia 600 is better because it's newer but it doesn't really matter what type you get.

It's a bit like saying that a Nokia box is better than a Sagem box or vice versa.

many thanx for the reply. i only asked cos ive seen people trying to ask for more money just cos its got the avia 600 chip. once again thanx for the reply

boxs

i have both the 600 running with out a problem the 500 on same image same setting . not as good . both nokia boxs running picture is great on both just the clock sticking on 500 ...

It doesn't make sense to blame the avia 500 chip for the clock sticking! Have you used a splitter to run the two boxes from the one cable feed? Maybe that the avia 500 box has a weaker tuner and needs a booster.

Anyway...that's another topic...lol

Back