• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CD & DVD Avi to DVD - Quick Burn?

fizsparky

Inactive User
Could there be a possible software that converts the normal AVI files into proper DVD files but doesn't spend something around 2 hours trying to do it?

I've tried xilisoft dvd creator, and that takes about 1 hour 45 mins to convert a 700mb avi movie file. I've also tried nero and that takes about an hour and a half, but tbh I can't be asked waiting that long for just one movie.

If there are software out there that could do it in under a hour or even less than that, could you tell me please.

Cheers, Fizsparky.

jaffa

Inactive User
Winavi or convertxtodvd will do it in approx 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of avi and your pc specs but they are really quick. I personally think Winavi is the fastest and best.

fizsparky

Inactive User
Winavi or convertxtodvd will do it in approx 20 minutes, depending on the size of avi and your pc specs but they are really quick. I personally think Winavi is the fastest and best.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go in abit.

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
it normally takes me 10-15 mins to convert an avi to dvd with WinAvi mate its the best of gear ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

delboy13

Inactive User
i always use convert x to dvd on my pc takes about an hour to do a 1.4 gig avi but my pc is over 4 years old newer one will be faster you can add subs,chapters plus a menu if you want.great software been using it for over 2 years

DEE747

DW Member +
i think most will agree WINAVI is defo fastest average is 70-100 fps(frames per second) and convertx is around 30-40 fps but convertx is better if you want menus etc i tend to put 2 or even 3 films on 1 dvd now to save me on discs if u set the output to fit on 4700MB disc it will compress and fit on 1 dvd ie. i put the trilogy og INDIANA JONES on 1 disc for my kids to watch using convertxdvd spot on for that .U can do same with WINAVI but minus the menus the films will play str8 after each other but WINAVI will do it alot faster

Jooooles

Inactive User
win is faster but i preffer convertx for the menus and quality faster isnt always better

jaffa

Inactive User
I am exactly the same as you guys. I prefer Winavi for single films about 700mb as it takes about 12-15 mins for that size. But for multis I use convertX because of menus.

MaFt

Inactive User
Cool, thanks for the software names. I also get fed up of Nero taking forever!!

MM

ptolemy

Inactive User
Hi will winavi allow re sizing of avi to fit full screen and get rid of annoying bars at top and bottom.

thanks in anticipation of your help

fizsparky

Inactive User
Hi will winavi allow re sizing of avi to fit full screen and get rid of annoying bars at top and bottom.

thanks in anticipation of your help
I don't think it does.

You may need some other software to do that, unless I'm wrong...?!