AVG free 8 any problems?

AVG has a link scanner that will check each link on any webpage for viruses etc. So if you have this enabled, and do a google search, you will be there for some time.

Get a proper AV like Kaspersky or NOD.

AVG has a link scanner that will check each link on any webpage for viruses etc. So if you have this enabled, and do a google search, you will be there for some time.

I didn't install the link scanner its part of the tool bar

Isn't AVG a proper AV?

AVG runs fine on my computer, hassle-free.

It doesn't slow down my computer. I've got 1.5gb ram, put that's standard imo so that doesn't make any difference. I even sometimes run it on my 256mb laptop lol but it slows only a little bit...however I recommend that you get it and try it.

Get it, try it and see whether you like it. If not, then just change it!

Cheers
Fizsparky

it runs fine on my machines no problems at all

and its a proper AV as far as i'm aware!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Also runs fine on mine, and it IS a proper AV....
People have to understand that software runs differently for different people. Lots of people admire NOD32, but when I installed it, it ran really slowly and hogged resources (i have a beast of a pc by the way)
Kaspersky was great. Mcafee was utter rubbish (started using 100% cpu).
AVG, perfect.
Norton is a massive no no, dont install that whatever you do. Its utter bull.

As long as you have either AVG, NOD or Kaspersky you will do fine

AVG does have antispyware and other things as well which is why its a keeper in my books.

Back