Avast: No plans to discontinue CCleaner following second hack in two years

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Czech intelligence agency: "Data analysis suggests that the attack came from China."
Ever since it bought Piriform in July 2017, the CCleaner software has brought only headaches to Czech cybersecurity firm Avast.
First, Chinese hackers breached Piriform's servers even before the Avast acquisition, inserting malware into official releases; and leaving the Czech antivirus maker to deal with the PR fallout all throughout 2017 and 2018.

Avast: No plans to discontinue CCleaner following second hack in two years | ZDNet

Funny when i used cc i lost my cert for windows 7,not used it for 10 months or so and not updated.

binned it two years ago lol

What's best to replace CCleaner then chaps, I've been using it blindly for years:eek::eek:
HH.
They're State sponsored hackers mate, looking for corporate networks such as Microsoft or Cisco to plant their malware. Your average Joe sitting at their home pc has very little to offer the Chinese government.

Must remove my last sweet and sour off pc in case it gets leaked. :eek:

ccleaner was a nice useful tool for me back then, it is a shame how it developed the last years, subscription, security... :confused:

Back