VU+ Duo Av I bricked my box

Ls13badboy007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys flashed my box and now it's stuck on starting tried to re flash and now won't flash . Is the box bricked does it need jtag
Cheers inadvance

Hi guys flashed my box and now it's stuck on starting tried to re flash and now won't flash . Is the box bricked does it need jtag
Cheers inadvance

If it states starting its not bricked.

Is your box a clone ? Need more info could be a number of thing including a dried out capacitor.

If i try a clone image would that brick it . I dont think its a clone iv checked the stickers etc

Right iv flashed the box again with ferrari duo . And its still stuck on starting

I must of tried at least 10 vu duo images including the ferrari ones and still gettin stuck on starting . The box was working with black hole before i flashed it so i know the box works

I'm assuming you can't flash back to the BH that you know was working?

When you're flashing does it go through usual display messages but it's just when starting you get stuck on the starting message?

Yeah thats correct it flashes then just gets stuck on starting

So you see it responding to the USB in that the usb light flashes.

If he has had it 4 years and the cfe has never been updated it wont boot the latest images.

Flash this cfe like this then flash an image

duo cfe Rev 3.0

HowTo updating bootloader:

download attached file
unzip attached file
format USB flash drive in with fat
create directory /vuplus/duo at flash drive
copy file to directoy /vuplus/duo at flash drive
shutdown VU+ STB
disconnect all USB devices
connect USB flash drive to VU+ STB
power on VU+ STB
wait for message "Please remove USB" at VFD
disconnect USB flash drive
power off VU+ STB
flash new image

Attachments

• duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip
    117.8 KB · Views: 17
I had the exact same problem but ended up havng to buy a Cypress board and Jtag it.

Back