Autolock threads after time limit

pdhroche

Reaction score
I seem to have posted in certain area of the forum and have found some categories haven't been in posted in for months. Clearly my error but a thread posted in 2019 shouldn't have really been allowed to continue until now.

A further suggestion could be to reduce the quantity of categories where contributions are a minimum.

No because members can use the search function and read older post to see if that can help them with their problems
I think he might mean leave the older threads active but auto lock them after a certain period of time so people cant post in them?
I think anyway 🤔

Last edited:
It's not difficult to read the date when posts have been made and decide whether or not to offer advice. There are times when it's helpful to be able to post on older threads, updates for instance.

Categories with fewer contributions still have important information and as spud said can easily be found via the search function.

@pdhroche, you only joined yesterday. Rather than suggest changes to the forum to suit you, why not hang around a while and adapt to the forum as is?
Suggestions to improve the forum should always be encouraged but in all honesty you haven't been around long enough to truly take it all in.

I think he might mean leave the older threads active but auto lock them after a certain period of time so people cant post in them?
I think anyway 🤔
Spot on
It's not difficult to read the date when posts have been made and decide whether or not to offer advice. There are times when it's helpful to be able to post on older threads, updates for instance.

Categories with fewer contributions still have important information and as spud said can easily be found via the search function.

@pdhroche, you only joined yesterday. Rather than suggest changes to the forum to suit you, why not hang around a while and adapt to the forum as is?
Suggestions to improve the forum should always be encouraged but in all honesty you haven't been around long enough to truly take it all in.
Correct I've only joined yesterday and have been a part of a number of forums over the years. Changes such as the above have been seen.

Comments such as the above will discourage individuals from suggesting. In a 24 hours period it seems to be the exact same people commenting

In a 24 hours period it seems to be the exact same people commenting
And the exact same person moaning 😂
Am going to leave you to it mate. You're your own worst enemy and I have a feeling you won't last here very long anyway.

And the exact same person moaning 😂
Am going to leave you to it mate. You're your own worst enemy and I have a feeling you won't last here very long anyway.
And still the same incompetent person commenting on each one of my posts. Along with the same person liking all of his posts 😂. Don't think I want to last here long. There was a few downloads I wanted but always nice to continue to contribute but from how slow new posts are added to the site I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

I do hope you don't treat every new member like this.

Looks like he never viewed the forum rules , he would have been here forever bitching and posting crap and still not have received a like to obtain his downloads

DW rocks and is here for everyone new and old ;)

Back