auto boot disable

sillymeidontno

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, i have a dbox2 and i cant flash it it keeps booting up and does not accept the flash. It "networks" with the pc but it wont let me flash it its got the neutrino image.

Anyone help me

Maybe you could give us some more information...what do you see on the lcd, do you get any channels, any errors, etc.

There are two ways to flash a box...using Image Flash Assistant or copying the image to the /tmp directory and flash it via the menus. How are you trying to flash it?

Last edited:
sillymeidontno said:
Hi, i have a dbox2 and i cant flash it it keeps booting up and does not accept the flash. It "networks" with the pc but it wont let me flash it its got the neutrino image.

Anyone help me
this is the downloads only thread m8 so moved to the right place m8

cheers

Yes i am i wondered if the menu system was something i need to look at. Ie auto booting up. i have looked into both service and normal menu and cant find a way to disable the auto booting. My boxe is the same as his and will flash without any problems this one is however not flashing. The screen shows no errors when i connect the network cable my computer will see the connection but the flash does not " link".

menu

u boot 1.1.1.
BOOTING
then loading kernal

THEN IMNAGE INFO

NEWCAMD

then the channels apear minus the one i want.

Last edited:
Im not actually sure what you are trying to do lol.
Im guessing that you want to flash an image...

Can you FTP into the box and transfer the file to the /tmp directory OK?
and can you then flash the box via on-screen menus?

Details please :)

Liam, this box only displays the freeview. It did have the full package. I tried to 2flash" the unit like i did mine. This one does not flash like mine. It keep on booting up too quickly. Its very fast my box takes a few ( 30 secs) this one as soon as i connect power lead shows " booting" on the lcd and starts. I cant flash it. I was wondering if its possible to disable that in the service/setting menu. I want to flash another image . I have tried doing just that using the same technique as i do with MY BOX they look the same i was wondering if i was doing anything wrong. Is the menu/setting i have to change as my box is still a "virgin" ( i have not changed anything in the menu/settings) this one was set on network etc. does that make any diferance

i have never dont the ftp flash if it was not for your tut i woul dnot of been able to flash my own let alone my friends.

was wondering if this box is a dbox1 and if so are they done in a diferent way. btw the lcd display shows neutrino on the top of the lcd. the image on it is from nest gen

is hosws next gen page as the booting up page.

OK so you have been using Image Flashing Assistant (IFA) to flash??? If the box is booting then it might be easier for you to try using FTP.

Have a go at this: http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50658
The box definately isnt a DBOX1. You are just having a bad day, nothing is done differently :) It might be a good idea to try IFA using a null modem cable.

Liam

cannot get it to see box. Will try again when i get the time. I cant find the network setting on my nic etc

Back