Audition Day Today

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Up nice and early today for my trip upto Manchester. Got my first audition for BBC's Any Dream Will Do show. Fingers crossed for me peeps!

Good luck m8 hope it goes well for ya...

fook wat am i doin up this early

Mate, all the very best today. and remember what ever happens your doing something today that most of us wouldnt eeven have the guts to do, "get up in public sober and sing"

I admire ya mate for your comittment

good luck

Sorry guys didn't even make it past Stage 1. I got there about 8.45 and waited, waited some more then got ushered upstairs. It was quite well organised we made a formal queue and signed in, then we had to choose one of two sets of music to perform. The choices were - Any Dream Will Do and Close Every Door. You were put in a group of about 5-6 with a letter of the alphabet. My group was the "M's". Then waited some more. Anyway about 3 1/2 hours later we got to go in and wait some more. All of our group had chosen Close Every Door and I think most people opted for that as it's easier. Each of our group went in individually and then came back out and the next one went in etc. Everyone in my group was brilliant. Anyway I was last to go in, went in nervous as hell. We auditioned in Alex Fergersons box great view of the pitch! ;) So I sang calmly and with emotion like the Donny Osmond version in the TV/film version as I thought this was the best version I had heard. Finished my song and she gave me some feedback along the line of "your very nervous" and "well done for trying". We all sat outside and then me and another guy got called back in to be told we hadn't made it. I was not powerful enoughand she commented on my pausing in the song which was deliberate to give more feeling? I argued that the song is not meant to be sung loudly as it an emotional song that is sung when he is all alone and feeling down locked in his cell, but she didn't care. I was so gutted, I really wanted, no needed this so badly, but it wasn't to be. I tried asking if I could try again and she said ask one of the runner for the BBC. I did and they said no, so I went out and then came back 5 minutes later to ask someone more senior. They were quite understanding and took my name down went off then came back and said sorry but no. So my journey ends here. I am so ticked off that I didn't even get to perform Razzle Dazzle as I worked so hard on that and was even going to throw some magic in there and produce a single rose from up my sleeve! All in all it was a goodish experience but very hard on the old confidence, I feel so shattered mentally as well as physically. Another thing I was annoyed about was that she claimed here video camera was not working so I wasn't recorded. I know for Maria that Andrew Lloyd Webber reviewed all the tapes and revoked some of the casting directors choices. If anyone could find his email address or postal address I would appreciate it as I think I am going to write to him.

I had only 1 half hour vocal coaching lesson under my belt. I am and ordinary guy who loves to perform. I was just hoping that today would be that start of something big. Most of the guys they put through were skinny, tall, bleached blonde hair and gay. I fell into none of these catagories!

At least I won't be thinking what if anymore.

Sorry guys didn't even make it past Stage 1. I got there about 8.45 and waited, waited some more then got ushered upstairs. It was quite well organised we made a formal queue and signed in, then we had to choose one of two sets of music to perform. The choices were - Any Dream Will Do and Close Every Door. You were put in a group of about 5-6 with a letter of the alphabet. My group was the "M's". Then waited some more. Anyway about 3 1/2 hours later we got to go in and wait some more. All of our group had chosen Close Every Door and I think most people opted for that as it's easier. Each of our group went in individually and then came back out and the next one went in etc. Everyone in my group was brilliant. Anyway I was last to go in, went in nervous as hell. We auditioned in Alex Fergersons box great view of the pitch! ;) So I sang calmly and with emotion like the Donny Osmond version in the TV/film version as I thought this was the best version I had heard. Finished my song and she gave me some feedback along the line of "your very nervous" and "well done for trying". We all sat outside and then me and another guy got called back in to be told we hadn't made it. I was not powerful enoughand she commented on my pausing in the song which was deliberate to give more feeling? I argued that the song is not meant to be sung loudly as it an emotional song that is sung when he is all alone and feeling down locked in his cell, but she didn't care. I was so gutted, I really wanted, no needed this so badly, but it wasn't to be. I tried asking if I could try again and she said ask one of the runner for the BBC. I did and they said no, so I went out and then came back 5 minutes later to ask someone more senior. They were quite understanding and took my name down went off then came back and said sorry but no. So my journey ends here. I am so ticked off that I didn't even get to perform Razzle Dazzle as I worked so hard on that and was even going to throw some magic in there and produce a single rose from up my sleeve! All in all it was a goodish experience but very hard on the old confidence, I feel so shattered mentally as well as physically. Another thing I was annoyed about was that she claimed here video camera was not working so I wasn't recorded. I know for Maria that Andrew Lloyd Webber reviewed all the tapes and revoked some of the casting directors choices. If anyone could find his email address or postal address I would appreciate it as I think I am going to write to him.

I had only 1 half hour vocal coaching lesson under my belt. I am and ordinary guy who loves to perform. I was just hoping that today would be that start of something big. Most of the guys they put through were skinny, tall, bleached blonde hair and gay. I fell into none of these catagories!

At least I won't be thinking what if anymore.

hi m8,

sorry to hear that you didn't get through, at least you gave it your best shot and got some expereinece under your belt today so next time you know what to expect, keep at it m8 you will get there one day.

Back