Audio Recording

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone point me in the direction of a bit of software that records audio. I need to learn a lot of text and i thought the best way to do was to record it and burn to mp3, i can then play in my car on the way to work and back.

Cheers
fats

you could also use super mp3 recorder i use to use it alot before really good bit not free

I'd second Audacity it's a great free program with plenty of editing options, you will need the lame encoder to save as mp3, but it's straight forward to install and all instructions are on the Audacity website.

What about windows sound recorder??

Record sound

Using Sound Recorder, you can record sound as a digital media file on your computer from a variety of devices, such as a microphone that is plugged in to your sound card. The types of audio input sources you can record from depend on the audio devices you have, as well as on the input sources that are available on the sound card that is installed on your computer.

Make sure you have an audio input device, such as a microphone, connected to your computer.

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Sound Recorder.

Click Start Recording.

To stop recording audio, click Stop Recording.

Do one of the following:

If you want to continue recording audio, click Resume, and then continue to record sound.

If you want to save the recorded sound as an audio file, click the File name box, type a file name for the recorded sound, and then click Save.

Notes
To use Sound Recorder, you must have a sound card and speakers installed on your computer. If you want to record sound, you also need a microphone.

By default, the recorded audio is saved as a Windows Media Audio (WMA) file.

If you are using Windows Vista Home Basic N or Windows Vista Business N, your Sound Recorder files are saved as .wav files rather than .wma files.

You can play your recording in a digital media player program that supports playback of WMA files.

You may have to convert wma to mp3 depending on if your car cd player will play them or not.

Curly

Back