au mosc

nas171

Inactive User
Reaction score
tried writing an au image to a rom10 a16 in nagra edit 4 i get the following SetIFS failed error when writing the image to my card

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 30 20 52 65 76 41 31 36 4D
ROM Revision: 010
EEPROM Revision: RevA16
ProviderID: 54
CamID: 24 62 67 0A
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BackDoor login verified
Dumping Dataspace
Using BD0 Key: CB EA 32 CE 54 04 0E C4 81 8F 59 E1 9F CA 8C 41
Attempting to login to BD3
Attempting to login to BD0
BackDoor login verified
Attempting to login to BD0
Disabling card
Writing CodeSpace
Restart in progress
SetIFS failed
Restart in progress
SetIFS failed
Restart in progress
SetIFS failed
Writing ROM10 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

what am i doing wrong, ihave used the NTL Rev A16 no emms.bn10 file from downloads which came with a easy to follow tut

It will always fail the first time you try to write give a few attempts it took me a good 6 b4 it wrote succesfully

i have tried loads of times cant even read the card now comes up with SetIFS failed

SetIFS failed

set you 3rd party software to run in compatibility mode
and you wont get that error

leggoman said:
set you 3rd party software to run in compatibility mode
and you wont get that error
I saw your answer here and want to ask what you mean?can you give me an example of setting 3rd party software to compatibility mode,do you mean in phoenix?

He means right click the nagra icon, go to compatability tab, and check the box run in compatability for 98 doesnt matter that your xp or whatever try this!

you may still get all the errors ive had it over a dozen times tonight on a rev boc getting diff err each time including the one youve had ifs whatever!!!! and now its done try reading with xncs click the little blue arrow it may not dump straight away you may have to do it a few times

if it dumps then it will open in nagra just keep tryin mate

thanx leggoman i'm gonna give it a try when i finish work tonight

maggooo said:
It will always fail the first time you try to write give a few attempts it took me a good 6 b4 it wrote succesfully

If its failing then you have something set up wrong. A proper set-up should read and write 100% perfectly every time.

I'm going to hazard a guess that people who are having this kind of problem are using a USB programmer through a virtual serial port. These are simply the wrong tools for the job !

All thats needed for trouble free Mosc card reading/writing is a bog standard phoenix type programmer connected to a REAL serial port.

If I ever see a SetIFS problem its usually indicative of a card that has suffered damage - often due to bad glitching.

Last edited:
I just noticed u r using nagra edit 4.1 for a rom 10
try using nagra edit 3 for rom 10

Back