ATV2 V 7.2.1 Jailbreak

knobhound

Reaction score
I have a ATV2 on Firmware 7.2.1 (8011) I wish to Jailbreak can some one point me in the right direction.?
I have tried Seas0nPass but I am unable to put it into DFU Mode when the program ends.
I can put it into DFU Mode when not running Seas0nPass also the led on the ATV2 will not flash when connecting the USB cable at the beginning of the Hack only when the power & USB is connected
any ideas please.?

I have a ATV2 on Firmware 7.2.1 (8011) I wish to Jailbreak can some one point me in the right direction.?
I have tried Seas0nPass but I am unable to put it into DFU Mode when the program ends.
I can put it into DFU Mode when not running Seas0nPass also the led on the ATV2 will not flash when connecting the USB cable at the beginning of the Hack only when the power & USB is connected
any ideas please.?

I think the latest firmware at this time is 6.2.1. I don't have a solution. I'm having the same issue. I bought my ATV2 recently on eBay but it wasn't sold with an Apple remote so I purchased a remote and wonder if I got a defective remote.
After watching this video (YouTube), I tested my remote this way and all buttons (when pressed individually) DID produce the light on the remote but no light appeared when holding down the MENU + PAUSE keys together. Do you have an Apple remote that shipped with the ATV2 from Apple?

I also did the exact same test with the same results and made me wonder if it was the remote as it is NOT an original apple remote.
I have tried to find one I could borrow but nobody I know has one.
I am not that familiar with apple hardware/software so the 7.2.1 came from a page within the settings.
Just one question was your remote a genuine apple one.?

Last edited:
Back